Sign in to follow this  
IPMSUpdates

New Review: North American B-25C/D Mitchell

Product Image

So often we see warbird models built to represent the battle-tested mounts of our aviation heroes. The subject of this review, the B-25 is certainly no stranger to famous pilots and war theaters. Underrepresented are the aircraft chosen for less glamorous tasks like domestic patrol, supply runs and training. With the help of Airfix and Iliad Designs, I have attempted to address that.

Airfix's rendition of the Mitchell has been around for a bit so I won't give you a parts tour. Suffice to say, it lives up to the standard of the new generation Airfix kits. Recessed panel lines, detailed interiors, poseable control surfaces and hatches are features of this release. Fit and finish is almost too good in that a coat of paint seems to interfere with it. The bottom line, with proper care you can build a great model out of the box.

Airfix provides two marking options, both shown in full color, four-view drawings with color references. One is a war veteran on a war bond tour in a desert scheme and the other is an antisubmarine patrol aircraft operating out of Tampa Florida. The decals include stencils that I did use along with the aftermarket sheet.

read more

View the full article

Sign in to follow this