Hello from SE Texas

Mister300

Hello all my name is Dan,  I renewed my IPMS membership today, I was President with the now defunct IPMS Texas Outlaw Modelers back in the early 1990's.  I build aircraft and armor.  My profile pic is my P-61 diorama in 1/48.

We do 3-d printing and are trying out some new alternatives to casting resin.  This is our latest creation a 1/8 scale Hiroshima bomb.  My son downloaded this from CGtrader and printed it in gray PLA (100 pieces +) and I applied some Iwata airbrush magic to it.  It has 2 LEDs in it.  

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

p61color.jpg

p61.jpg

Edited by Mister300

Most impressive work Daniel! Welcome to the boards and commendations on these excellent 'calling cards'. You've done some amazing work. Feel free to look around and to post even more of your fantastic work.

Hi Dan! Texas Outlaw Modelers Society is not defunct, it was just resting. I believe we've applied for a charter but it hasn't gone through yet. No real website, but there is both a page and a group on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TexasOutlawModelers/). Meeting info can be found there.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome aboard! The 3D printing work is impressive! I am fascinated with all the possibilities of this technology. 

Mark