The Duke's Armor Finished in October

Mark Deliduka

It ain't much but I did finish a couple models in October here. It sure felt good too!

First is my Modelcollect 1/72 scale NATO MAN Tractor with Pershing II missile that I built as a tribute to my departed friend George Creed:

NATO_MAN_Tractor_with_Pershing_II_MEL_I.

NATO_MAN_Tractor_with_Pershing_II_MEL_II

NATO_MAN_Tractor_with_Pershing_II_MEL_II

This next finished model is not a vehicle at all, but it is armored; quite heavily in fact. This is the Modelcollect 1/72 scale Austratt turret on Ostwind Fjord:

German_Austrattt_Turret_I.jpg

German_Austrattt_Turret_II.jpg

German_Austrattt_Turret_III.jpg

That's all I have finished for now. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome. 

• Like 1

Nice projects. My dad served on a Pershing crew in the late 60s. Back then I think it was the tracked transport.

That bunker needs a 1/72 figure to provide a sense of scale. :biggrin:

Duke, keep it up and you'll need a semi to get your collection to the next nationals! That turret would make a cool diorama. 

• Like 1

Thanks Bryan! I appreciate your compliments, especially given that your father served in one of these batteries.  I was just saying on another Forums that I should have shot that turret with a sentry or something to show scale. Gonna look into that.

Ron, you might be right. If I do have 1000 armor built by the Vegas Nationals; I will look into that. I don't know how I could incorporate that turret in a diorama, but a vignette could work. I do agree it needs to be on some kind of landscaped base.