Bradley25mm

Trumpeter 1/32nd scale P-38L Lightning

Does anyone know of an aftermarket detail set for the engines? 

Thanks

Christopher

As far as I've been able to find, there isn't.  Eduard produces a Big Ed photoetch package that covers the interior, seatbelts, landing gear detail, exterior and canopy masks.  You also will absolutely want the white metal l.g. replacements from Scale Aircraft Conversions.  Quickboost produces...and probably some other companies....offer gun barrels.  Don't worry about showing the engines exposed on the model because Trumpeter doesn't provide positionable panels.  But do spend a lot of time figuring out where you're gonna cram enough weight to keep the nose down.  Hint: It ain't gonna be easy.

Richard, 

Thanks for the reply.  I’ve  purchased everything you’ve mentioned above. I’m going to buy the propeller correction set as well. I’ve decided to really take my time on this one. I’ve opened up the engine panels on both nacelles already. I’lI thin the panels out with my  Dremel tool. I plan on super detailing the engines, and gun bays.  I’ll have to scratch build the framing around each panel attachment point, as well as a few other things. As far as being tail heavy, I glue all my models to their bases. Have you built this kit? 

Christopher

Chris,

Haven't built the kit, but I have one.  Whenever I get around to it, I'm hoping to convert it to a P-38G.  Nothing like being a glutton for punishment, is there?  Anyway, good luck on your project.  Sounds like it'll be a spectacular model when its finished. and also an ideal entry in the 2020 Nats in San Marcos, Texas.

Richard

• Like 1

Thanks Dave for the review link.

Christopher