Help! I Need A Canopy!

ipmsusa2

Hi all,

In the process of repainting and remarking a metal 1/48th B-24J, I discovered that a critical part is missing as the result of a burglary.  The cockpit canopy.  I'm assuming the canopy from a Monogram 1/48th B-24J would fit, so...  If anyone has a scrapped Monogram B-24J that still has an intact canopy, I'd appreciate hearing from you.  Don't need the rest of the model,  just the canopy.  Willing to pay a reasonable price.

Richard

Thanks for the info.  I'll check it out, though I still would like to acquire an injected canopy from the Monogram kit, mainly because the B-24 I'm working on is metal.

I built that kit a very long time ago, or at least a Monogram B-24 Liberator of some mark. I know it had a Shep Paine sheet and he had made his into a formation plane with a white paint job and polka dots. I'm not sure if the same kit still exists, but I figured I'd point you in the direction of at least an option for a canopy.

Robin, you're correct.  Monogram produced a 1/48th B-24J during the 80s and it is still a very good kit.  Shep Paine did a series of color sheets for a number of Monogram kits at that time and the B-24 was one of them.  That's why I'm hoping someone has a scrapped or unwanted built kit that still has the canopy so I can finish this metal B-24 for my client and get it back to him.