Thanks to the Chattanooga Team

I had the chance to attend the Chattanooga Nationals last week and I wanted to congratulate Mike Moore and his team for an outstanding show.  The venue was superb with plenty of room for the contest and vendors--never seen so many models in one place!  I also had the opportunity to attend Bryant Dunbar's Grex airbrush class, and that was first rate, both in terms of the instruction and the "goody bag" they provided...learned a new technique and more about my airbrush. On a personal note, I wanted to thank the gentleman who was working the information/registration desk a couple of hours before the dessert social last Saturday.  Unfortunately, I didn't get his name, but he really helped me out of a bind by providing me with replacement tickets for the event.   I misplaced the ones I purchased, and went down to see if I could get two additional tickets.  He could have said no, or you have to pay for them again, all within his right...but he didn't.  He gave me the tickets without even checking the registration to confirm payment--just took me at my word.  In my mind, this was "above and beyond" customer service.  It may have been a small thing to your staff, but it was a big deal to me.  It's this type of experience that makes me proud to be an IPMS member.  Postscript:  After attending the awards show and getting my models back to my room, I found my folder with the tickets...plan on keeping them as a reminder of a great show.   

Again, Mike and team, thank you for hosting a fantastic event.  I know it was a lot of work and you had a number of big item issues to deal with, but you still had the time to work the details and take care of the people who attended your show.  Sincerely appreciate your efforts, and I wish you continued success!

Best Regards -

John  

Thanks for the kind words John!  I’m glad you enjoyed the show, as that’s the whole point. I’ll make sure the whole team sees your post. 

Mike

Mike,

I am from IPMS Livonia Mi. Myself and about 11 club members made the trip to the convention. The venue was top notch, the rooms nice, the organization excellent. Models for days, vendors a plenty and at the end of a hard day looking and shopping there was ample food and beverages within walking then stumbling distances to the hotel. To be honest it was just an all around excellent show. As judging and awards started to roll around I told some of my clubmates, "Winning anything here is going to be an honor. Look at how many models are on the tables". Dont care how good you think you are there was somebodys model that was even better. Just great stuff. You and your crew did a bang up job and your show is now the yardstick for all future shows. I will also congratulate you on not having a banquet and allowing all entrants to see the award ceremony. I feel that, that is one of the biggest let downs when you spend all the time and money to participate and then no seating for the awards. Enjoy the accolades and praise you and your team deserve all of it.

Ian

2 minutes ago, Ian44836 said:

Mike,

I am from IPMS Livonia Mi. Myself and about 11 club members made the trip to the convention. The venue was top notch, the rooms nice, the organization excellent. Models for days, vendors a plenty and at the end of a hard day looking and shopping there was ample food and beverages within walking then stumbling distances to the hotel. To be honest it was just an all around excellent show. As judging and awards started to roll around I told some of my clubmates, "Winning anything here is going to be an honor. Look at how many models are on the tables". Dont care how good you think you are there was somebodys model that was even better. Just great stuff. You and your crew did a bang up job and your show is now the yardstick for all future shows. I will also congratulate you on not having a banquet and allowing all entrants to see the award ceremony. I feel that, that is one of the biggest let downs when you spend all the time and money to participate and then no seating for the awards. Enjoy the accolades and praise you and your team deserve all of it.

Ian

Thanks Ian.  I'll make sure the whole team see's your kind words.

Mike

Mike,

I've been taking in the Nationals for several years now and I just want to say this....

Chattanooga was by far the best Nationals I have ever attended!!!

You and everyone associated with putting on this years Nationals deserve a round of applause. Kudos to all of you!

Please bid again in the future!

Andy

Edited by Florida70Bee

34 minutes ago, Florida70Bee said:

Please bid again in the future!

Thanks Andy.  As for your plea for us to bid again, all I can say is, I'll entertain that conversation right after you get me in touch with a good divorce attorney who works pro bono!

But I'll make sure the rest of the team knows you want us to go again!

Mike

A quick shout out to everyone in Chattanooga for a wonderful convention. One of the most memorable that I have attended. I'd have to say the display only segment was a huge success and a great way to get more people involved in the annual convention.

1 hour ago, DaveSepos said:

A quick shout out to everyone in Chattanooga for a wonderful convention. One of the most memorable that I have attended. I'd have to say the display only segment was a huge success and a great way to get more people involved in the annual convention.

Thanks Dave.  We are definitely hoping that the display only concept takes root and grows.  To a certain extent it is dependent on having facilities that are big enough to support it without impinging on the contest space, but if enough people demand it, who knows what will happen!

Mike

I can't add anything to the previous posts or what I've already told you guys in person or on other forums. 

Great city, great show, great hosts.  I thoroughly enjoyed the show, although I left Chattanooga and forgot to stop by Naked River Brewing to pick up some Moon Pie Stout...

Ralph

I tell you, I had a blast at the Nats this year!! I don't want to turn this into how many superlatives I can pour into one post, but if I did, they'd all be an understatement!!! (Sorry, couldn't help myself!!) 

Mike Moor's idea of pushing display models was brilliant, and the model count was staggering as a result. It is a model show after all, and he high quality on display certainly put our reason for being there out for all to see.   I loved the venue, and Chattanooga is a wonderful city!! I managed to get over to the Towing and Recovery Museum and wasn't disappointed.  

Mike, you and your team did a great job, and I'll add my thanks to those who have already done so!! Hope you guys do it again in the future!! I'll be back!! 

Doug

• Like 1

Unfortunately I didn't get to Nooga' (due to last minute problems). 😷 Sigh.... Not meant to be.

But I want to add my deep appreciation to Lynn and Milk for their doing everything they could to assist me in getting there.

Another example of their exemplary efforts for us.

A tip of the hat and hardy WELL DONE! to Mike and his crew! This was my 30th Nats, and certainly one of the best I've ever attended. They deserve kudos for pushing for displays....they now hold the record for the most contest entries AND the most models at a Nats, both of which were well earned!

GIL :smiley16:

I also had a great time at the show.  Loved the display area but really would have liked to have seen the tables "manned" like an English show so you could do more talking to the guys and gals that built the things.

Competition was good and judging Miscellaneous was the usual fun time.

Best part for me though is talking to a bunch of friends I don't get to see that much and the opportunity to make some new ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks and congrats to the whole 'club', Mike!  Having worked the four conventions here in Tidewater (aka 'Virginia Beach'), I really appreciate how you "guys" did an outstanding job.  I also appreciated the opportunity to help the vendors Wednesday morning, it kept me busy and it was fun! Seeing a lot of old friends, meeting new ones and taking in a whole lot of great models really helped to recharge the creative 'juices'.  And isn't that the whole point?

I look forward to seeing you all again in 2025 (six year rule!)  In the meantime, have a 'Naked River' Moonpie Stout for me!

Regards, Robert Beach

I've been to a number of conventions and never found one to be less than satisfactory, or less than very enjoyable for that matter. Every convention had its problems, some with problems that were rather severe. All but a very few handled those problems and their Leadership Teams deserve a "well done" for addressing those issues.

Of all of the conventions I've attended I found that the Chattanooga crew, led by Mike Moore, was the most enjoyable convention I've attended as a participant. And looking at those conventions in which I volunteered to take a duty station, I found the Chattanooga crew, Mike Moore, Tim Simmons, and Ed Sunder, to be excellent leaders and coordinators.

Congrats to Mike and his team for an excellent experience!

• Like 1