Waytago, 'Nooga!

Just got home from this one and enjoyed it very much. Great accommodations (Staybridge), efficient admin & programming, excellent exhibit hall & vendor set-up, cool seminars and fantastic, inspiring work to see. Through my lens, the Display-Only and the non-banquet dessert-social ideas were very successful. (Only caveat might be to make any awards to previous Nats winners by 'popular vote' only.)

Fun-factor: Pegged. Shipped booty: Enroute.

Top marks, crew!

1 hour ago, VonL said:

Just got home from this one and enjoyed it very much. Great accommodations (Staybridge), efficient admin & programming, excellent exhibit hall & vendor set-up, cool seminars and fantastic, inspiring work to see. Through my lens, the Display-Only and the non-banquet dessert-social ideas were very successful. (Only caveat might be to make any awards to previous Nats winners by 'popular vote' only.)

Fun-factor: Pegged. Shipped booty: Enroute.

Top marks, crew!

Thank you Bob.  The success of the display only area is probably the part I'm personally most proud of.  I had high hopes for it, but 1700 models out for display only far, far, far exceeded my wildest expectations!  Hell, even if you take The Duke's 750 models out of the picture, we still had 950 models just out for display!

Mike

This was the first time that I attended a National Convention. It exceeded my expectations beyond anything I could’ve imagined   I was told by a fellow Modeler,  prior to attending, that it would be sensory overload. It sure was. Great venue, great people, vendors as far as the eye could see, and some spectacular models. Thanks to the entire  Chattanooga crew for all the hard work, and I’m sure, long hours, many spent away from your families. You all have set a high bench mark for others to strive for. A big “Thanks” goes out to all the judges as well. An extremely difficult, and sometimes, thankless task. My hat goes off to you gentlemen. 

Regards

Christopher Bowling

The Nooga team did an amazing job in putting this years show on!! Mike Moore and crew went above and beyond to bring us one of the top Nationals I’ve attended!! 

Bravo Zulu!!

May I add my congratulations to the Chattanooga team! A great show, great venue, and a vendor room that was almost too good. There was excellent organization and the entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The several choices for dining outside of the hotel were conveniently located with great food and service. Mark me down for the next time you host the Nationals. Thank you for all your effort. Nick Filippone

• 2 weeks later...

I also want to thank you Mike and your entire team for putting on one of the absolute best Nationals I'd ever attended. It was one incredible ride from start to finish and the number of models on the tables was by far the most I;d ever seen anywhere! Your operation ran smoothly to me and everyone was so incredibly friendly and welcoming. What a magnificent time!

• Like 1

I had a great three days in Chattanooga.  A very impressive Nationals in my opinion (lots of models, lots of vendors, lots of seminars,...)  As usual, I walked my poor feet off.  That was one big convention center!  I'll bet they could do another one in 4-6 years, and it would be even better!

• 2 weeks later...