Hi all,

I assume we've all heard about the forthcoming 1/48th P-38G/H from Tamiya.  If y'all  are looking for a slew of P-38 reference material in one place, including 517 photos, I would remind you of my Lockheed P-38 Photo Gallery CD-ROM.  It even includes some 40 photos of the XP-58 Chain Lightning.  You can get all the information here.  Oh, yeah, shipping is included in the price.

P-38V2001-600pxls.jpg.e11f6c688e1eeed111da5ddaec89328a.jpg

Excellent information. Thanks for letting us all know once again.

Ipmsusa2,

Just tried to follow your link about the P-38 book, and got a Malware notice on my screen from Malwarebytes.  Not sure if there's a problem, just giving you a heads up, as I did not continue to the site after that.

Ed

Ed,

That's weird.  I just clicked on the link myself and it went directly to the page with no problems.  Only thing I can think of is that your antivirus might be a little oversensitive.  No two are exactly the same.  In any event, I will contact Freeyellow tomorrow and advise them of what you ran into.  Also, you might try it again in a few hours.  I've also had the experience  of being warned about a site one time and then no problem the next.

Richard

Ed,

I've been in touch with Freeyellow (the host for my Scale Publications  site).  They found no malware alerts on the site and will be doing a deep scan as well.  At this time there is no problem, so it appears Malwarebytes is being hypercareful.  FYI, I went to the site again, using the link in this original post and had no problems.

Richard

I reviewed this a while ago and there are definitely enough pictures to help you out.  Recommended.

Thanks, Phil, for your recommendation.  BTW, the revised version...which I don't recall if you've seen or not...has the image count up to 517. 

Hi All,

Just want to notify everyone that Freeyellow found the redirect malware and I have deleted it.

Hi, just tried again and got this Trojan warning.  Might be that the Malwarebytes library hasn't caugh up with the change,  so I'll wait a couple of days and try again:

ScreenWarn.jpg.3a1e529ef994aac7a8d6d00160e8274d.jpg

Ed

Ed,

I don't know what the problem is re: your Malwarebytes.  The deep scan that Freeyellow performed identified two...and only two...problems.  Both were files identified as Quiklink and were contained inside a Quiklink folder.  The files were a redirect to Yahoo.com and evidently they weren't functioning because they did not activate when I did a test click on the link in my original post...the same one you used.  In any event, both the files and the folder containing them were deleted and the site continued to function as designed.

If anyone else has run into problems clicking on the posted link, I would appreciate knowing about it.  If it isn't reported to me, I can't do anything about it.

As for the problem you're having...since you are indicating interest in the CD...I would suggest two alternatives.  One, open a separate browser window and type the actual URL, which is scalepublications.freeyellow.com/avhisref3.html   OR   if you are interested in purchasing that specific disc, send $15.95 (includes shipping) to me via PayPal, using the email address of tennexican@mindspring.com

Hope some of this helps.

Richard