Hi all,

I assume we've all heard about the forthcoming 1/48th P-38G/H from Tamiya.  If y'all  are looking for a slew of P-38 reference material in one place, including 517 photos, I would remind you of my Lockheed P-38 Photo Gallery CD-ROM.  It even includes some 40 photos of the XP-58 Chain Lightning.  You can get all the information here.  Oh, yeah, shipping is included in the price.

P-38V2001-600pxls.jpg.e11f6c688e1eeed111da5ddaec89328a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ipmsusa2,

Just tried to follow your link about the P-38 book, and got a Malware notice on my screen from Malwarebytes.  Not sure if there's a problem, just giving you a heads up, as I did not continue to the site after that.

Ed

Ed,

That's weird.  I just clicked on the link myself and it went directly to the page with no problems.  Only thing I can think of is that your antivirus might be a little oversensitive.  No two are exactly the same.  In any event, I will contact Freeyellow tomorrow and advise them of what you ran into.  Also, you might try it again in a few hours.  I've also had the experience  of being warned about a site one time and then no problem the next.

Richard

Ed,

I've been in touch with Freeyellow (the host for my Scale Publications  site).  They found no malware alerts on the site and will be doing a deep scan as well.  At this time there is no problem, so it appears Malwarebytes is being hypercareful.  FYI, I went to the site again, using the link in this original post and had no problems.

Richard

I reviewed this a while ago and there are definitely enough pictures to help you out.  Recommended.

Ed,

I don't know what the problem is re: your Malwarebytes.  The deep scan that Freeyellow performed identified two...and only two...problems.  Both were files identified as Quiklink and were contained inside a Quiklink folder.  The files were a redirect to Yahoo.com and evidently they weren't functioning because they did not activate when I did a test click on the link in my original post...the same one you used.  In any event, both the files and the folder containing them were deleted and the site continued to function as designed.

If anyone else has run into problems clicking on the posted link, I would appreciate knowing about it.  If it isn't reported to me, I can't do anything about it.

As for the problem you're having...since you are indicating interest in the CD...I would suggest two alternatives.  One, open a separate browser window and type the actual URL, which is scalepublications.freeyellow.com/avhisref3.html   OR   if you are interested in purchasing that specific disc, send $15.95 (includes shipping) to me via PayPal, using the email address of tennexican@mindspring.com

Hope some of this helps.

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Used your link using  Safari on an iPad, I got an alert the site was trying to open a pop up.  I allowed it, and a new tab opened, then eventually errored out with a “server not found”.     But the original page loaded just fine, with no malware warnings....

-Bill

Bill,

Have no idea what caused that.  Might be Safari or iPad when you consider that the site is built with Microsoft FrontPage.  I use Firefox browser and don't run into anything like you describe anywhere.  Still, I don't like that you had problems so I will be checking with Freeyellow to get their input.  I appreciate your feedback.

I wouldn’t consider that a big problem-  normally I’d say “no” to pop ups.   (Does your Firefox automatically suppress them? ).  But I did it to give you a more complete report.  I suspect the pop up was from your web hoster?    Bottom line, your page came up without any scary warnings....