Re-Upped and Re-Addicted

afterburner

Hi all,

Just wanted to poke my head in and say hello. I was a member until '06, having joined at the Atlanta 'Nats in '05. Then I decided to go back and finish college so my wife and I moved and with that, my membership lapsed. As did my modeling time. I finally finished last year and have found myself back in the hobby full-swing. I'm currently working on a Tamiya Skyray and loving it. I decided to re-up because I had such a fantastic time at the Atlanta 'Nats, and met a lot of great modelers. It's nice to have a 'home' where we can talk shop. It'll be interesting to see how much modeling I get in once my first child is born in January, but I'll find time!

My building interests are 1/48 and 1/32 scale WW2 and Modern Aircraft. I have a love for the P-47 and the B-25. Rugged and mean. I'm hoping to start attending meetings here in Charlotte once I get the info. Above all else, it's great to be back here!

Jonathan,

Welcome back and by all means, seek out a club. Find one you are comfortable with and enjoy the camaraderie.

Mark

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Indeed............Welcome to our Humble nest where all are encouraged to dig deep and overflow with.............hey, Hi there and would love to see some stuff!!!

Bunezuela

Jonathan,

Welcome back and welcome to NC & Region 12.

If you check the Chapters page, you'll see one in Charlotte, and a few others nearby to include across the border in SC -- you really are pretty centrally located for lots of local contests.

If you check the Events page, you'll see RDUCON in Raleigh 12 Sep and it's always a good one. The one in Hickory on 29 Sep is mostly cars but still a good one. And our R12 Regional is 7 Nov in Fayetteville and they always do a good job (funny it shows in events as a local contest but is is the regional). So, a few opportunities to meet area modelers.

Again, welcome

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

John- thanks for the tip- I found the email addy for the Charlotte Chapter representative so I'm going to see what's happening. It's a (relatively) short hop up the 64 to Raleigh so I might be able to check out RDUCON.

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome back into the fold, as it were. Ah, the Jug. "No wonder the Yank pilots always bring them home. The plane is big enough to run around in and dodge the bullets."

Steve