Atlantis Mini's Sphinx

Roktman

One of the two mythological creatures I got from Atlantis Miniatures (not the same as Atlantis Models)  is the Sphinx.  This is a well done 7 piece gray resin kit. There's no flash, or no bubbles.
IMG_3739.jpg

Adding paint, the obvious reference is a lion so I used V's Beige, with the German Brown Black for the mane.
IMG_3770.jpg

Then I added Citadel's Reikland Fleshshade  over the body and their Nuln Oil over the mane. Once that was dry I added bad the Beige but as a drybrush.  The main got a dry brush of V's Beige Brown.
IMG_3774.jpg

The wings got the same treatment of the beige and Reikland Fleshshade. This time the heavy drybrush was with V's Foundation White.  Later on I added a second go round of white to the upper wings and V's Brown Wash to the deepest areas of the wing folds.
IMG_3806.jpg

The brick piles got a coat of V. Game Color Plague Brown, drybrushed with beige and highlighted with a beige/white mix. The ground work was some simply with V. Tan Primer over some Mod Podge which had the Chinchilla dust sprinkled on it.

I also added a few extra bricks out of the same sized balsa lumber. With that I was done. Thanks for looking.
IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg
My obligatory size comparison pic.

Nice job.

Thanks guys!

Tony: this "Co.'s"  offerings are terrific. One is more imaginative than the next. If you look over their catalog, you'd want one of each!  But I think thats the way it's going for these new miniature companies.  Was 3D computers vs. clay sculpts give you a lot more freedom wot be wild IMHO.

Phil: Thanks for the kind words. 🙂