Sign in to follow this  
IPMSUpdates

New Review: Lancaster Mk.1B - Part 2 of 3

Product Image

Welcome back!  Last time we had just completed the interior and internal framework, front end and cockpit of the big 1/32nd Scale HKM Lancaster Mk.IB.  This second installment will bring the engines, wings, fuselage, bomb bay and wheel-wells together, leaving the final assembly and finish for the last segment of this three-part review. 

Work is going along smoothly, with just a few exceptions here and there.  While I had a few problems here and there, the overall build is simple and straightforward, and the fit is excellent.  Let's get back to work!

Things to consider before you start.

This is a big model.  Accordingly, I had to build some jigs to hold components while they were being assembled and finished.  Working with 1/2" Gator Board and HoldTheFoam adhesive, I constructed three jigs that held each wing and the fuselage in such a way as to allow the assemblies to be flipped upside down so I could work on both sides (top and bottom).  The three jigs were also designed to fit together into the original box, for transport to and from shows.

read more

View the full article

Sign in to follow this