TheRealMrEd

1/72 Republic YRF-84F Conversion -- Done!

Inspired with a build started by fellow modeler Bill Dye a few years back, here is my rendition of the prototype RF-84F     YRF-84F Build Thread    

And, here are the finished pics:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Again, thanks to fellow modeler Bill Dye, who inspired this build.

As usual, it's not perfect, but it's better than the one I had before...

Ed

• Like 1

"...it's not perfect,... "  You enjoyed building it, and that's what really matters.  BTW, what's the purpose of the circular pattern on the rear of the canopy?

Very cool conversion! It's really nice to see some old-fashioned kit-bashing going on! Thanks for sharing!

Rusty: The round circle on the canopy connects to a round device on the canopy ledge. It was present on the F-84G's, and may have had something to do with helping partially pressurize the cockpit, but I cannot remember for sure. In any case, I believe the round area provided direct access to the device.

GIL :cool:

Thanks folks,

Rusty IIRC, it was to allow access to the radio gear without having to dismount the main canopy from the aircraft...

Ed

Looks great to me Ed. A very interesting subject, I might add. Your photography is top notch. Keep em coming.

Ed is is magnificent! I am amazed at how closely those wings and intakes look like the ones on the prototype F-105. Way to go Ed!

Ed,

The finished pictures appear to be missing as well as from the Britmodeller forum article.