George Lee Award Winners Gallery

A couple of months ago there was a suggestion that "Someone" ought to post the winners of the George Lee Judge's Grand Award, for the best model at a National Convention.  Well, here I am, finally with the info.  I was able to find all of the winners fairly easily.  It was getting photos of the winning models that slowed me down.

Thanks to Eric Aitala for setting up the web page.

https://gallery.ipmsusa3.org/index.php?/category/1163

Jim Pearsall

IPMS USA Historian

Nice! And for those who call us the I. PLANE M.S. society....only 5 or so of the past 28 Winners were aircraft.....

Question: Are you looking for more past pics of winners? I may be able to provide 2 or 3 myself....and if so, who/where do I direct them to?

GIL :cool:

Gil,

Most of these pics are scans from older Journals. 

Thanks for the offer, but I think I've covered the pictures pretty well, and all we really need is an idea of what the model looked like.  So I'm happy to leave it as is.

BUT I will be adding another in mid to late August, after Chattanooga.  😀

Jim

JIM: the reason I asked was because there are no winners listed prior to 1992. That means there's no listing, let lone picture of the Judge's Grand Award winner (before G. Lee's name was attached to it) from '64-'91. It would seem like a good idea to flesh out the list, with pics whenever possible, in order to make it complete. It's true that the farther back you go, there are no pics to glean from the Journal, Quarterly, or Update; but that's where members such as myself may be able to help out, especially if we know what model to look for within our own private convention pics.

GIL :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Jim,

I have a list of all the "Judges Grand Award" winners dating back to the first ones recorded for IPMS/USA. If you would like to have a copy just message me and I will send it to you. Have a nice day. And keep on modeling.

David Von Almen, Gentleman Modeler

Archived