Medusa Miniature

Roktman

This project has been an on again, off again on the desk for a while now. The kit comes from Zabravka Workshop. It comes in 6 parts. Looking around for a link to share, I can find none. (?)  So I have no idea how to find them again... sorry.
IMG_3639.jpg

The parts are very nicely done in gray resin, and shows little signs of seam lines or flash.
IMG_3640.jpg
Ignore the little Medusa to the left. ;)

A closeup of the base show a sandy base that reminds me of the volcanic sand that is actually tiny rocks. There are also a number of rocks added to the base which further expresses that volcanic feel.
IMG_3641.jpg

There are two spots for added parts - one is an assumed stone hand holding a spear, and the other being a torso of a stone Hoplite (?) holding a broken sword. I used the V. Metallics steel for the armor, and red to add color.
Later on I would add some rust to make it seems like he's been there for quite a while.
IMG_3729.jpg

I decided on this Medusa to give her a regular skin color and natural tail colors. The chest and hip armor was painted gloss black in prep for the V. Brass, and the bow is V's Gold.  To add a little snake to her face I gave her the slit pupils in the eyes.  
IMG_3681.jpg

IMG_3730.jpg

The weak point of the kit was the arrow. I was about to replace the shaft with something a bit more sturdy, but then realized I could lean the arrow into the bow and with a dot of glue at the point. This will straighten the shaft.
IMG_3731.jpg

Here she is with my ever present can of soda to give a size comparison.  I added the diamonds that are seen on some constrictor snakes, and that completed the figure painting.
IMG_3732.jpg

As mentioned I added a few different rust colors from V's Rust Set to the armor of the soldier and spear.  The base was painted in a Black Gray, and then washed with Citadel's Nuln Oil.  When that was dry I added 2 highlight dry brushings of a medium and light gray.  With that I was done.  
Thanks for looking.

IMG_3735.jpg

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 3:49 PM, Rusty White said:

The snake texture and color is GREAT!  Nice job.

Thanks you! 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I love the colors and the slit eyes but am I missing something?  Shouldn't there be a string for that bow?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, philp said:

I love the colors and the slit eyes but am I missing something?  Shouldn't there be a string for that bow?

Haha, you're the first one in 3 forums to catch it. The way it was design (3D CAD or similar I'm guessing) her metal bra gets in the way of the string. So rather than having it look like she's stringing up her boosies, I left of off. 😉

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, magic bow and arrow instead of magic boobie armor.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, sprueguy said:

Another fantastic piece. Wish I had your speed in finished works, I'm lucky to get one/two a year. Gave the last one (1st ID Vietnam) away just so I wouldn't have to paint it.

Thanks, Tony.  I've been retired on a disability (damn you 9/11) since '13.   So being home all day I get what I have to get done in the mornings, and then during the week I have a few hours each afternoon to get into my hobby room. Building and painting the larger size miniatures, It's amazing how many models I can get done with  15-20 hrs per week to play around. 😉