Testors Aztek Airbrush...whats The Warranty??

Scooter

Ok, I am looking for some help on this one...

I have an A4305 Testors airbrush which was a replacment from about three years ago. I know I clean it as best as I can, but quite simply, its as clean as I can get it, but it appears about worn out.

Does anyone know what the current situation is on warranty and replacement of these things? I like the airbrush, so its either buy a new one, or send it back.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thank you.

Adam

Been a long time, but the last time I checked it was lifetime. I would write or e-mail them about it. I know that's nit much, but it's the best I got right now.

Ok, I am looking for some help on this one...

I have an A4305 Testors airbrush which was a replacment from about three years ago. I know I clean it as best as I can, but quite simply, its as clean as I can get it, but it appears about worn out.

Does anyone know what the current situation is on warranty and replacement of these things? I like the airbrush, so its either buy a new one, or send it back.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thank you.

Adam

When they first appeared, they carried a lifetime warranty. A few years ago they changed it to three years. Check with Testors, since yours had been replaced three years ago.

I used to be a proponent of the Aztek, but their quality slipped--badly--a few years after they made their debut. The tips go erratic, the bodies leak, and then they changed the warranty. I switched back to my Badger 150 and 200 and haven't had near the same amount of problems that I had with the Azteks as they got older.

Ralph

Same here....I had two Azteks at different times. BOTH of them developed a clog (or problem) inside the body, which cannot be disassembled.....I gave up and went back to Badger also. At least you can break it down to the tiniest component and repair/replace what needs to be fixed.

GIL :smiley16:

• 2 weeks later...

Go to the Testor/Aztek website and send them an email describing your problem. My expereince has always been they will provide instructions on either fixing or replacing the brush. My expereinces with them have always been very good. They are fast, polite and don't try to nickel and dime you to death. They have repaired several airbrushes for me. In each instance, the damage was caused by user misuse - not necessarily mine.

I have never had many problems with the Aztel airbrushes. When cared for properly they have provided years of good solid use. I did send one back after I used Testors paint remover to clean the body (didn't read the can - paint remover is bad mojo for nylon/rubber bushings in the body). They fixed the body for me.

I was given another Aztek by a fellow modeler who just couldn't get it to work right. It turned out the body was filled with dried paint (how he got that much paint in the body is beyond my comprehension). they fixed or replaced it, no questions asked. Works great now.

The Aztek allows me to do whatever painting I need - even fine camo. I have inherited several sets that friends pretty much gave me because they couldn't figure it out. It ain't rocket science. I have found it easy to maintain, only takes seconds to clean thoroughly and is flexible enough for any job. it's also durable, and is backed by the best customer service I've come across in this hobby.

I recommend them whenever I can, but often get scoffed at by those guys with high tech brushes. But I'm usually spraying while they are cleaning, or fiddling, or thinning paint yet again.