Sign in to follow this  
IPMSUpdates

New Review: Stug III 75mm Assault Gun

Product Image

The recent re-release of Airfix's catalogue of 1/76 AFVs has generated a bit of a buzz among Airfix fans, many of whom grew up building these little gems as lads. Now, as adults, these kits bring back memories of the simpler times with the re-boxing of these little beauties. I never had much of an opportunity to build Airfix kits in my youth, I don't remember them, or their many American boxings being available in my local hobby shop. However, coming back into the hobby as an adult, I've really taken a liken to many of Airfix's recent offerings, as well as a few of their golden oldies.

These "Vintage Classic" releases from Airfix, fit both categories. They're old molds repackaged into the new box with newly printed decals, and most important of all, new tracks. The kits come packaged in the now familiar side-opening red box, but feature the artwork on the original packaging. In the case of the Stug III, the artwork is more of a fiction piece, showing a Stug III and infantry charging down a sand dune as U.S. troops assault the beaches from landing crafts.

read more

View the full article

Sign in to follow this