Scalpel Blades

Looking for a source for a specific scalpel blade. I'm not sure where I got the top blade but, it has a different curve from the standard one below it. The bottom 1 has been cut off to fit my graphic arts handle. Anybody have an idea?

Scalpel Blades.jpg

The bottom one looks like a #12 scalpel blade.  Google that and it should be a good start. Several companies look like they make variation labeled as 12a, 12b etc. Google is your best friend for this.  A little time and you should be able to find just what you  want. 

You can try a company called Cincinnati Surgical it looks .like they carry the blades your looking for.

4 hours ago, PeteJ said:

The bottom one looks like a #12 scalpel blade.  Google that and it should be a good start. Several companies look like they make variation labeled as 12a, 12b etc. Google is your best friend for this.  A little time and you should be able to find just what you  want. 

I'm not looking for the bottom blade.  I have plenty of those.  I'm looking for the top one.

4 hours ago, NBUTLER said:

You can try a company called Cincinnati Surgical it looks .like they carry the blades your looking for.

Cincinnati Surgical has the blade I'm looking for but, you have to spend a minimum of $100.00.  That many blades would last 3 or 4 lifetimes.  They sell 100 blades for $37.00.

The blade is a #3 stitch cutter.  I found a Chinese company that sells them for $4.90 each with free shipping.  Ordered 10 but they won't be here for a couple weeks.

Ebay had these as a search "#3 Stitch Cutter blade"  and returns are in the UK but cheaper that $4.90 each......

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=%233+stitch+cutter+blade&_sacat=0&_sop=15

• 1 year later...

Swann Morton in Sheffield UK is a long established maker of surgical scalpel blades and handles, also craft tools. I do not know if they have any distributor in the US, but maybe a UK contact might be able to help if not.

Have a look on the Swann Morton website at their ranges.

• 2 months later...

Forgot to mention that Swann Morton make and pack non sterilized scalpel blades for art, craft and hobby users. I think that they are available in tens and hundred packs.