Color question

dhamilton

I recently started building Takom’s Krupp 420mm Howitzer (Big Bertha) and one of the schemes is for a gray, green and brown version. 

Im hoping someone can steer me towards which gray the German military used during WW I. It looks a bit like the early WWII gray seen on German Armor, but I don’t know.

Any help you all could offer would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!!

The Takom instructions call out a MIG 909 Light Grey Base. Looking at images of the paint bottle, it appears very dark so I don't have a good answer for you but these guys might.

You will need to register but worth the effort.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/world-war-i-1920s-and-1930s-f282066/

Thanks Brian!! I was able to figure out what I needed. I'll be using colors from the AK line of paints that match the color guide well. Not ready to apply any paint yet, but I have them!!! 

I’ll post some pictures as I go. So far it’s been a really fun build, and am making steady progress!! As for the size, it’s huge!!  I had some of the sub assemblies at our club meeting last week, and had it placed next to a completed Panther tank. It’s gonna be big!!