Seahawk US Navy helicopter.

shark64

Just curious Oliver, how much time do you have in this project so far? The level of detail and scratch building simply blows my mind. Your use of washes is top notch. What did you use to simulate the texture on the flight deck?

Regards

Christopher

1 hour ago, Bradley25mm said:

Just curious Oliver, how much time do you have in this project so far? The level of detail and scratch building simply blows my mind. Your use of washes is top notch. What did you use to simulate the texture on the flight deck?

Regards

Christopher

Hi Chris

I started this project 5 years ago. I used spraycan  with texture mixed in. glad to hear u like it

Oliver

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing work, but it raises a question....You sill have a lot of painting to be done. Do you have any special way that you will be able use to mask all of that delicate detailing? It seems simply using tape, even the lowest tack type, would potentially destroy some, if not much of it.

GIL :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 6:11 PM, ghodges said:

Amazing work, but it raises a question....You sill have a lot of painting to be done. Do you have any special way that you will be able use to mask all of that delicate detailing? It seems simply using tape, even the lowest tack type, would potentially destroy some, if not much of it.

GIL :cool:

Thanks Gil.

All i need to mask will be cockpit and bay area, engine. The bay above the cockpit will be added once all painting is done. I also use foam to mask. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oliver it is thrilling to see your work again, especially since I can follow it as it's being done! Welcome and thanks for posting this outstanding masterpiece!

• 4 months later...

Oliver,

Congratulations on your wonderful build making it on the cover of Finescale modeler. Great article, and additional pics that I have not seen before.

Chris