The Duke's Latest April Model

Here she is, my latest model finished this month. This is the Monogram 1/72 scale Space Shuttle with Boosters finally completed. I did her up as the Columbia:

Columbia_Space_Shuttle_with_Boosters_I.j

Columbia_Space_Shuttle_with_Boosters_II.

This model is over two feet tall. I placed a 12" ruler next to this model to show how big this is:

Columbia_Space_Shuttle_with_Boosters_IV.

This thing had been a problem sitting on my workbench for the longest time. I'm so thrilled to have finished it! Now I have a different problem: Where am I gonna put this?

Hi, Mark,

I've been wondering when you would get back to this while you crank out dozens of small armor and military softskin vehicles.  Great job on a difficult project.  Your finish looks good in the photos on an OOB build.  If there is any criticism out there, it should only come from those who have actually built this critter and know what challenges you had to wrestle through.  As for what to do with it, it looks like you will be building another Dora-sized carry box.

Thanks for sharing.  Ed

Edited by ewahl
typo

Ed, thank you very much! I did take my time on this because for at least a year; I was trying to find a way to add the tiles underneath in a way that did not take years to accomplish. After being unsuccessful there; I just decided to complete it and get it off the bench. It was a difficult build indeed, especially after having to scratchbuild the upper brace. And yes, I'll need another Dora-type "baby coffin" as my friend Carlos calls it!