SkyKing

Where is the Judging Survey?

Other than an announcement by Rusty on the Steel Navy forum and a discussion on this forum of the pros and cons of judging systems, I can find no link to the actual survey itself. Shouldn't this be posted prominently on the web site? I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but why has it not received more publicity?

Michael,

IMHO, the E-board and I have gone above and beyond to make this survey as well advertised, successful, and accurate as possible. 

• Ron Bell contacted me to tell me that the survey had been posted on-line (SURVEY) with the election ballot.  A pleasant surprise I was not expecting.
  • The E-board guaranteed the survey would be published (a mail-in card inserted) in the April/May election issue of The Journal.
  • The E-board gave the survey a full page in the April/May issue of The Journal explaining both systems of judging you will see at the URL I supplied above.
  • Mike Moore (convention chairman) has allowed me a table at the nationals registration area in Chattanooga for members to fill out the survey.
  • Mike also has allowed the survey to be printed at the bottom of every registration form at the IPMS/USA nationals, so if you enter, you can make your preference known.
  • Eric Atalia has allowed the survey to be pinned at the top of the forum contents on the News and Announcements page, to give the membership a constant awareness of it's presence there.
  • I have posted the survey announcements on the IPMS/USA Facebook page as well.

I and the E-board have done everything possible to put the word out and make the survey known.  The only thing we have not been able to control is "word-of-mouth" which I am hoping you and the membership will handle.  SPREAD THE WORD!  Every IPMS/USA member has an opinion on GSB and 123.  Here's your chance to make that known.

So to be honest, I don't how much more could be done to promote the survey.

I hope to bring this up at our monthly meeting this month so word will get out there at least.

Thanks for getting this done in a timely manner and getting it out there. Way to go guys!

The ballot/survey isn't recognizing my username or password.  I checked my login information & reset my password but it still says it's unrecognized.  Anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Let me check   

Eric

Your email for the Voting site is a gmail.com address...  if you still have access to that, please use https://voting.ipmsusa3.org/user/password to reset your password.

Eric

51 minutes ago, nmertes said:

The ballot/survey isn't recognizing my username or password.  I checked my login information & reset my password but it still says it's unrecognized.  Anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

22 hours ago, Eric Aitala said:

Your email for the Voting site is a gmail.com address...  if you still have access to that, please use https://voting.ipmsusa3.org/user/password to reset your password.

Thanks, Eric.  I checked my account settings.  It didn't show my gmail account.  I'll correct it tomorrow.

Since we are on the survey, the voting form requires a selection of 123 or GSB else it will not let me vote for board candidates.

Shouldn't there be an Abstain or Don't Care or Neither option on the survey ?

John.....This is just a personal guess, but my understanding is that the purpose is to find out whether GSB or 1-2-3 is preferred among those who DO care. After all, if you have no strong opinion, you're going to simply go with the flow when you attend, and aren't necessarily interested in the direction of IPMS over the next decade (and probably aren't voting in the first place). If you believe that one or the other is better for IPMS, or if you simply like one better than the other, then your vote needs to be recorded one way or the other.

As for having it as needed to actually place a vote in order to vote in the general election, I think that's meant to (again) avoid apathy. Only a fraction of the membership will vote either on-line or by mail. If you allow people to abstain or cast a "don't care" vote; IPMS learns nothing as to the preferences of 1-2-3 vs. GSB.

I can see where some people like yourself feel like they're being forced to enter into a fight they don't care about. But, I think if you stop and consider it more as a referendum on whether we should change for the future or continue with the status quo for the future; you can come to an easy decision personally.

GIL :cool:

• Haha 1

Maybe instead of an abstain selection, maybe there could be a "No preference" vote for those who don't care which system is used as long as awards are being offered for competition. I for one really have no preference for the system used; I would enjoy the contest either way.

Something to consider.

• Thanks 1