The Duke Completes a Commission

Mark Deliduka

Today I finally finished up a commission build for a friend on another Forums. This is the Dragon 1/72 scale F-6F 5N Hellcat night fighter.

US_Navy_F-6F_5N_Hellcat_28CB29_I.jpg

US_Navy_F-6F_5N_Hellcat_28CB29_iI.jpg

US_Navy_F-6F_5N_Hellcat_28CB29_III.jpg

This is one of nine models I finished up this week. The rest are in the armor forums.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 1

Bill, thanks! Yes, it had the two options: folded or extended, with separate parts for each option. My friend wanted the wings folded.

Nick, thanks for catching that. I was told the same thing on the Forums where my friend is who was following the build as well. I'll be taking care of that before I turn it over to him. I appreciate you watching out for me. 👍

Chris, thanks! I sleep at night, always at least eight hours. I have to: I work with power tools and I want to keep all my fingers. 😁

Looks good Duke! I'm sure your friend will appreciate the build. It's interesting to see the night fighter version, as it's often overlooked when it comes to Hellcats!

GIL :cool:

Good one, amigo! And kudos for doing commissions. I've found they suck the fun out and would rather surprise people...on my own, extended timetable.

Thanks Bob! I do enjoy doing commissions as long as I don't have a lot of them to do at the same time. I have also surprised people with models that they never saw coming. One was a Navy nurse who was at Pearl Harbor in WWII on board the USS Mercy, and another was a stage manager for our production of "Ragtime". She got a model of a Model T Ford like the one Coalhouse drove in the show.

• Like 1

Thanks Kevin! I appreciate that.

Thanks to some sharp-eyed members on here and another Forums who noticed a major mistake I'd made, I took some time to get this fixed. Here is the corrected model all finished... properly now:

US_Navy_F-6F_5N_Hellcat_28CB29_FIXED_I.j

US_Navy_F-6F_5N_Hellcat_28CB29_FIXED_II.

US_Navy_F-6F_5N_Hellcat_28CB29_FIXED_III

Now that this is truly done, I'll be making arrangements for delivery here. Thanks again everyone!