Dmold Modelworks

nmertes

Has anyone successfully ordered from Dmold Modelworks (dmoldmodelworks.com)?  Dmitri shows 3 parts I'd like to order but, every time I check the website (which is every few days), they're out of stock.  He is responsive to emails but, won't take a pre-order and can't or won't tell me when the parts I'm after will be available.

Their dealings with you so far should raise some red flags.  Having said that, he sounds pretty honest in that he won't accept pre-orders or guarantee availability (which he probably doesn't know), but does communicate well.  The ship modeling community is pretty small.  I would suggest checking on Hyperscale ship forum, Modelwarships.com and steelnavy.org and post your question there.  My advice until you hear from someone who has dealt with them....BUYER BEWARE.

This is why I HATE dealing with outside vendors.  Your business literally depends on them.  I personally do EVERYTHING start to finish on my products from drawing the instruction sheets to molding and casting, to design and print the box art.  I only depend on TWO outside vendors (mold rubber and photo etch) and they are VERY reliable when they give me a delivery date.

Just my opinion.

Thanks, Rusty.  He has a corrected nose for the Kitty Hawk RF-101 and the Heller EC-121 that I would like to have.  I guess I'll just have to wait & take my chances.

I have bought from DMold and their products are great....when they are available. He has a "real" job and travels and makes parts when he has the time. When they are in stock, they are wornderful. But it is spotty due to his travel.

Dave