Home Made Spray Booth

nmertes

For too many years I've had to do airbrushing in the garage which limited me to warmer weather and enduring dust problems.  After looking at spray booths on Micromark.com, I decided to build my own.  The 1st shot is the prototype made from large cardboard boxes.  The 2nd shot is made from 3/8" plywood.  I haven't cut holes for the fan or illumination.  The box is approximately 24" square but, only 19" deep.  I left the sides & bottom the full length to protect the exhaust fan which would stick out about 4" in the back.  I can send the list of materials & dimensions if anybody is interested in building their own.  Lowe's cut the pieces.  I'll cut in the windows & fan hole.

IMG_20181110_055503.jpg

IMG_20190301_071150.jpg

The fan is rated at 110cfm from Lowe's.  I don't think it's sealed but, have been shooting enamel thinned with Mr. Color Leveling Thinner for a couple of weeks with no problem.  Now I'm going to have to check Lowe's website to see if it is sealed.

The 1st shot shows the complete prototype & ducting.  The 2nd shot is the completed new booth.

IMG_20181110_055517.jpg

IMG_20190302_122344.jpg

On 3/1/2019 at 4:10 PM, ghodges said:

Where did you get a "sealed" exhaust fan from, in case you use volatile lacquers or enamels?

GIL :cool:

Gil, In response to your question about a "sealed" exhaust fan.  The model I used, Broan AEW110, does indicate the motor is sealed.

• Like 1