Perseus and Medusa

Roktman

In an effort to collect Medusa kits whenever possible, I came across this kit at a not so recent JerseyFest (or was it the old Resintopia?). The kit came fro the Morland Studios. The kit comes in 6 parts plus a 60mm round base and the figure is scaled to 32mm.
IMG_3391.jpg

Following the card, I tried to copy the image. The small size of kit was a real trial to my limited abilities.
IMG_3402.jpg

The sculpted base comes in 2 parts, and they are made to attach together, but sitting on the round base, there was extra room. I decided to fill the black base. In the pic you can see gray Aves to fill the basesplitting the difference between rocks and sea.   I also used V's Plastic putty to fill the seam between the monster/sea and the rocks.

I made the tip of the snout of the monster shades of gray as if it was turning to rock, again a la the Clash of the Titans remake. Don't know how well that comes across being so little of the monster is seen.  
IMG_3405.jpg

From there, I concentrated on the TINY details for the figure.
IMG_3403.jpg

There was no decal for the shield, so I tried my best, thinking of the Clash of the Titans remake, and painted on a scorpion. Finally adding some gloss to the scene, and gluing Perseus in place, I was finished. Thanks for looking.
IMG_3408-2.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg
Size comparison to a Quarter

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dmorrissette said:

Sweet. The lady behind Morland Studios did a class a Wonderfest last year. Nice class and lady

Dave

Oh cool! I gotta make it down there one of these years.

• 2 weeks later...

I really can't go out!  There's nothing I can do with my hair!

Great job Kev! I love all the little detail painting you did.

Bill

• Like 1