Sign in to follow this  
IPMSUpdates

New Review: MiG-21 Landing Gear

Product Image

This set is designed to fit Eduard's new MiG-21 kit. The package includes two complete sets of gear, so you can outfit two kits. Each set includes left and right main gear legs (with helpful tabs marked "L" and "R" at the top), a scissor link for each of the main gear struts, two main gear retraction struts, and two-piece nose gear.

The parts are drop-in replacements for Eduard's kit parts, although I had to do a little filing and sanding to get the kit wheels to slide onto the main gear axles, which are keyed just like the kit parts to ensure that the wheels are correctly orientated. I also had to do some work on the scissor links to get them to fit correctly as the gap in the center of each connection point was a little narrower than the mounting points. The castings are nicely done and require just a little clean up on the casting seams. I cleaned the seams up using a Xacto knife and sandpaper. I then used a brass wire wheel in my battery operated Dremel tool at slow speed to polish up the struts and finish smoothing out the casting seams.

read more

View the full article

Sign in to follow this