21st Century Kit-Bf109G-14

JeffS

Overall it was a good little build. After much pro and con on the internet reference the quality of the 21st Century kits I find them rather well done. Some details excellent and others toy-like. Kind of sad that they are gone. For the price, it would have been an great way to introduce newbies into the hobby.

A couple of tips when building these kits. One, I used large gauge knitting needles rather that the ploy caps provided to plug the screw holes. They slotted in nicely. Just cut off with a razor saw and fill and rub down. Two, the decals are wonderful in that they are the thinnest I have ever used. When placing them on the model, be as precise as you can be as they do not slide around very well.

102_5900.jpg

102_5898.jpg

I think I will go back and fill in the fuselage crosses with RLM75

Very nice build. I've had a similar experience with this company. I built the Macci 2002 and at first thought it was toy like with the working parts and the like. But it turned out real nice and I also found the decals to be excellant quality. The only thing I did have an issue with was getting the parts to stick together. What type of glue did you use? I did not use the screw plugs either. Filled the holes with a lot of putty! Again great job.

Chris

I got my G-14 for $7.97 when Wal-Mart was getting out of the model business. A real fun build. I'll second or third the decals. Super thin but hard to move. While not Hasagawa quality, if nicely done and side by side, it will take you some time to tell them apart. The F4U is next. JSJ

Nice work! You don't see these built too often, & yours looks nice! :smiley32: