Bradley25mm

Tamiya 1/32nd scale P-51D "Glengary Guy"

I choose to do the base first on this build. I'm going to pose the Mustang in a state of Maintenance.  The base itself consist of 3/4" plywood covered with cut squares of 80 grit sandpaper. I attached the squares to the plywood with contact adhesive. I painted the sandpaper with Testor's Model Master enamels. I did a pin wash of black artist oils to simulate oils stains. I finished it off by painting cracks with flat black, and applied pastel dust along the joints in the concrete. I found some grass that comes in like a blanket from Germany. It was applied over sanded grout that was painted dark brown. I did some scratch build. (The saw horses, work bench, and the propeller stand) The barrels,and tool box came from Miniart. The plaques were made at my local trophy shop. The figures were a mix of 1 kit supplied pilot, 2 Verlinden, and 2 Ultracast. I have not completed a lot on the plane itself. Its a great kit with loads of options, and the parts fit great. I purchased the plated metal model.

Regards

Christopher

Mustang 1.jpg

Mustang 2.jpg

Mustang 3.jpg

Mustang 4.jpg

Mustang 5.jpg

Mustang 6.jpg

Mustang 7.jpg

Mustang 8.jpg

Mustang 9.jpg

Mustang 10.jpg

Mustang 11.jpg

Mustang 12.jpg

Mustang 13.jpg

Mustang 14.jpg

Mustang 15.jpg

Holy cow! That's impressive and there's not even a model there yet!

Looks like a well conceived "scene" and your figure painting is outstanding. The only item that jumped out at first glance is the side arm on the officer not in a flight suit. Looking forward to more on this one!

GIL :cool:

Thanks Gil. The pilot with the .38 revolver is from Verlinden. The revolver came with the figure. I thought that it was a little strange myself, since the .45 was the issued side arm at the time. 

Regards

Christopher

That is magnificent! Such stunning work!