The Joy of Painting.

Roktman

Here's another recent bust just off the work table. verybody's favorite painter, Bob Ross.

He's approx. 1/4 scale and done up with Vallejo paints.  Over on the Resin Maniac's page on FB, they are having a Bob - Off. Anyne who bought one is urged to paint it up for the show. On tv Bob used a clear palette that was scuffed up to prevent glare from the TV lights. I saw a few guy's WIP and they all used gray for the palette, so I naturally had to go completely the other way and got to practice my wood grain at the same time.   Thanks for looking.

IMG_3324.jpg.257a7cff55d9690c364949a7bce299f8.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg.df0f2d6fe6727848207619bd48eb8792.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg.cb89b9754953bd4402ddce2669a50453.jpg

• Like 1

Sweet! That sculpt really captures his upbeat/laid back attitude. Is that shirt real, or painted? I cannot tell from the pics! Greta looking build and a nice homage....which reminds me....

image.png.ea9c2f57eac22bd901767b67fca506f4.png

GIL :cool:

Edited by ghodges
  • Like 1

Thanks guys for the kind words.  The sculptor did a fantastic job. I still can't figure out how he sculpted the 'fro, or for that matter how it was casted without ripping little pieces of mould out of the curls.

Hehe, the shirt is just acrylic paint over resin. Working dark to light, its just a coat of Vallejo medium blue, and then looking at a promo pic, the light seemed to come onto his chest, so I got some V. White Gray (or is it Gray White) with a drop of clear satin, and did a sort of zenithal highlight but from a 45° angle onto his chest. That left the tops of the folds light, but the bottom sides the blue.