David Hardy, Yucaipa, CA

davidh41

Howdy,

I've been building plastic models, off and on, since I was 9 (1967). As a kid I build everything from cars to Revell's famous "Spanish Galleon" model. I revived my model building interest in the mid 1980s, and built a lot until about 1994 (marriage and a young son will do that).

I spent a couple of years working at Tomcat Hobbies (1987 to 1989) in Riverside, CA. Some of you may remember that store's owner Tom Brown (RIP).

I'm jumping back into building. First on the agenda is a DML Early Tiger in Das Reich livery.

I remember learning all my techniques from the works of Shep Paine, and the Kalmbach books.

IMG_0562.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome David! Glad to have you here with us! I think you'll find modeling it like riding a bicycle.....sure, you'll lose your balance and scrape a knee as you regain your balance; but you'll be popping wheelies in no time! Be sure to post your work as you start getting models built again!

517051085_Yodawelcome.jpg.9765f71ea062060b88b89324193fa2b0.jpg

GIL :cool:

• Thanks 1

Welcome David from another Southern California resident. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do. I also hope you take advantage of the many shows and contests in Southern California to gain more experience and tips on techniques. Even if you don't enter anything, the experience is invaluable.