What Ya Working On?

TimDarrah

So what armour model(s) are you working on right now?

I'm working on the 1/35th Academy M3A1 being done OOB, the 1/35th Tamiya M-113 ACAV, but that's been in work since the Atlanta Nationals!! And finally the 1/35th Tamiya Panther Ausf. G with Tank WorkShops partial interior, Jaguar (I think) zimmerritt conversion, Jordi gun barrel, Accurate Armour Panther Late G/F conversion, it'll have the steel wheels on full IR equipment. (At the Nats in Columbus, I need to find the engine/radiator set). It'll also have Alders Nest MG barrels and antennas.

Still having the Hummel kick my butt. Thought I was done but now there are six shield braces that no matter where I put them, they don't what to stay. The Dragon directions are vague and the "Nuts and Bolts" is very helpful. Of course, the real thing doesn't really match the Dragon parts or locations. Then I can finish my 67 Centurion, Lebanese Gun Truck, and Fitter.

Almost done Tamiya's M26/M15 Dragon Wagon. Man, that's a big model. Just started on Dragon's Late Panther G to put on the trailer. Together, the two kits after well over a thousand parts.

-Jesse

Right now, I'm working on an RPM Staghound in 1/72 scale, a Trumpeter Br-52 Lokomotive in 1/72 scale (2) Dragon SdKfz 251 D's in 1/72 scale. One will have a Pak 36 mounted on it and the other is a straight APC. I also started two more 1/72 scale ACE guns and three ACE BRDM variants in 1/72 scale: one an anti-aircraft version, the other two anti-tank versions for my Iraqi Army.

the 1/35th Tamiya M-113 ACAV, but that's been in work since the Atlanta Nationals!!

I hope you mean 2005 and not 1993! :smiley20:

Funny thing is I think I have one or two in progress from before '93! :smiley18:

I too have a Tamiya M113 in progress, albeit the A3. Add to that Trumpeter's M1126 Stryker, Tamiya's Stug IIIG, an Italeri M4A1 Sherman, and Trumpeter M1A1 Abrams (those last two definitely meet the "Pre-'05" criteria!)

Somewhere tucked away, I have an M577A2 and M48A5, both Tamiya (with the Lo Model A5 conversion for the Patton), painted but needing a re-do...someday! :smiley19:

Yep Ron, it's the '05 Nats in Atlanta. But I have an RAF F-4 that I started in '94 that hasn't been worked on since!!

Armor wise, I have a few langushing around the bench collecting dust. Among them: Tamiya Brumbar, Stug III; Italeri Crusader; Fine Molds "HA-GO"; DML BPM-1. At the rate I am going it will be another few years before they are all wrapped up... :smiley5:

Lemme see..... I have the following are in various states of progress:

• GamesWorkshop 40k Demolisher and Chaos Predator

Tamiya M4A3 (USMC)

Tamiya T-72M1 (Indian Army w/UN markings)

Tamiya M2A0 Bradley IFV (mean green or Desert Storm 2-tone?)

Tamiya M577 Command Post (Austrailian or US Army?)

Zvezda 4,5t Mercedes truck (German fuel truck)

I can say with all due respect...nothing! I finished my latest model today. I have 3 others done and they will be making the trip to Columbus with me next week :smiley17: . I can't believe I have finished 4 models this year. I normally get 2 or 3 done over the course of 12 months.

Cheers!!!

Mark

An 1/35th M8A1 Cargo Tractor that started out as a Nitto kit but has very little Nitto left. The Skysweeper to go on the backthat has'nt reached above the carriage and gun platform yet.These were to be my long vacation projects this summer.

Of course this has been dropped to attempt an 1/35th Nike-Ajax battery that apparently has to be ready for 1000 hrs 7th November 2009.

People talk me into these things or my own big mouth does. Whatever, it all adds to lifes passing cavalcade and keeps me off street corners waiting for the bar to open (much as my mother feared would happen).

regards

Please understand, I'm not trying to be critical, but how can someone start a model and not finish it after 10+ years. I generally only work on two models at a time. One model is in the finishing/painting/waiting stage; the other is in the construction stage. I couldn't image having a model sitting around for years waiting to get finished. Then again, I'm the type of person that once I start reading a book, I have to finish it...

-Jesse

Jesse,

I know what you're talking about, but I just lost interest in this F-4 but plan on getting back on it soon, like this year ;-)

Jesse,

It can be very easily done, the Skysweeper was started in 1992, the M8 in 1995. AMS or too much or too little reference can be the cause. You find yourself scatchbuilding the ash tray from the drivers cab and suddenly you decide to move on. For myself the urge to go back will return, anything can trigger it, an article,book or picture, even a conversation. It always has so far. Often too when you return your skills have moved on, new references or AM products appear and solve old problems or a new light comes on over your head. Now that can be fun.

However I can only work on one project at a time, working on two,thats is two in parallel ,is something I have never ever been able to do. Those who can do so impress me greatly.

regards

Paddy

Please understand, I'm not trying to be critical, but how can someone start a model and not finish it after 10+ years. I generally only work on two models at a time. One model is in the finishing/painting/waiting stage; the other is in the construction stage. I couldn't image having a model sitting around for years waiting to get finished. Then again, I'm the type of person that once I start reading a book, I have to finish it...

-Jesse

Attention Deficit Disorder...it's a gift! :smiley13:

Jesse,

It can be very easily done, the Skysweeper was started in 1992, the M8 in 1995. AMS or too much or too little reference can be the cause. You find yourself scatchbuilding the ash tray from the drivers cab and suddenly you decide to move on. For myself the urge to go back will return, anything can trigger it, an article,book or picture, even a conversation. It always has so far. Often too when you return your skills have moved on, new references or AM products appear and solve old problems or a new light comes on over your head. Now that can be fun.

However I can only work on one project at a time, working on two,thats is two in parallel ,is something I have never ever been able to do. Those who can do so impress me greatly.

regards

Paddy

Paddy, love the Terry-Thomas avatar!

Trumpeter 1/72 scale Panther II, although I am torn between back dating the pretty nice M1A1 hull to the proper M1IP hull. I'd like to do it, but I just don't feel like it.

Hi Paddy.

I didn't know you were also a member of IPMS/USA. It's nice to see you "hangin' around" on this side of the pond. :smiley2:

Hi Paddy.

I didn't know you were also a member of IPMS/USA. It's nice to see you "hangin' around" on this side of the pond. :smiley2:

Curses! Patrick

Does this mean my alta ego as Mecanix the shy modelling Irish lad from Skellig Michael is known to all ? :ph34r:

Yes, nearly 10 years now and I have met a fair number in person and will again I hope.

Just worked it out been in this Society since the middle 60's, wow!

regards

Well, I finished the Dragon 1/35 Sherman III, and am taking a little break from armor. So I'm about done with a 1/48 Tamaiy Mosquito as a PR version, just need to paint the canopy now. Hate doing canopies. In the paint drying time, I'm working on the Dragon 1/700 San Diego, done as the San Juan, and also the Dragon 1/700 Randolph, Essex class. It was started about a year ago, but the little 20mm guns wore me out. I recovered. It's fun to do something different now and then. I'll be back to tanks in a little bit. Also trying to finish up the old Monogram Lunar Modual I started a real long time ago with the idea of doing an interior for it. Forget that now, just do it otb and get it out of the way.. I have weened myself off the overrated AMS. Now it's just a matter of building them.

So far this year, I've finished 26 models, so when these 4 get done it'll be an even 30! Being off work has some benifits.

As you can see, I also don't spend a lot of time on the internet, or bother posting.

Later,

Doug