Jump to content
Bradley25mm

Lynx update

Recommended Posts

             I finally bundled all the avionics wiring on the cockpit hood. Some work, but I believe well worth it. When the model is complete, the backside of the hood can be seen. I scratch built some intercom plugs for the crew compartment and installed them. Next, I moved on to the weapons pylons. I added very fine sandpaper to simulate a non-slip surface on the top of each. I used referenced photos from the internet to get an idea of the electrical wiring. I added fabric REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT streamers from Eduard to both weapons stations. I had to mix a custom color of green for the flotation covers on the landing gear bays. The next step is to paint the abrasion strips on the leading edge of each rotor blade. Having a ball!

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magnificent work Brad! This looks so realistic.

 

This could have been added to the original Lynx thread; it would have popped it up to the top again. It would also have allowed those following the original to see this as well.

 

Keep it coming Brad! Do you plan on entering this at the Nationals? It would place I'm sure. I also hope to be there and see it in person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                        Wow Mark, thanks for your comment. I’ve never been to the Nationals before. I’ve entered models in our clubs annual invitational (Military Modelers Club of Louisville)  and I just recently went to the Cincinnati Scale Modelers contest for the first time. I’d love to go to the Nationals. 

Regards

Christopher

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I highly recommend it Brad. I've been to five of them so far. I love them! There is so much to see and do; and so many great modelers to meet. You really should attend one. Chattanooga certainly is close enough for you. It's going to be a real challenge for me but I'm making every effort to be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                      Main rotor blade leading edges took sometime to mask off, but their done.  On most of the photos that I have seen, the color looks like silver with a touch of gold. I added sandpaper to the gear bays for a non-slip surface. Everything is closed up now. On the main rotor cowling, there are two round windows on the actual aircraft. I'm guessing to check fluid levels. I drilled them out, and added some clear parts from my scrap/leftover box. Forgot to added the rest of the decals to the main rotor head. Had to add nuts, and bolt heads from MENG to the rotor arms as well. The blade holders are done now to. Adding rivets took sometime. They are great to use. One thing you need to make sure before you prime, is that you blend in the edges of the decal film with Solvaset. My first time using Mr. Finishing Surfacer. I sprayed it into a plastic cup to decant it. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, then put it in my airbrush.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant work here man! Wow, such realism. That sure was a lot of rivets!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot Mark. If you ever have a chance to use these, (Decal rivets), I'd give it a go. There were a few strips that I forgot to use Solvaset on to melt the film edge. I'm glad that I chose to put them on the model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×