A 2018 Review

Roktman

Just gathered up all the info and despite finishing only 1 kit last Jan., and nothing in Feb., I came back and had a good year.

Made a little collage. Thanks for looking. 2018review1.thumb.jpg.e44d2ced21afc8913ce9bd3f782a927f.jpg2018review2.thumb.jpg.7ab382035714547b6522cc1333d795eb.jpg

You sir, are a master of understatement! That is a fantastic year! Wish you lived in the south...I'd love to see those in person at our Jaxcon show. Is there a way to post them so that we can get a closer look at some? If you click on it, the entire page enlarges instead of the individual pic.

GIL :cool:

Thanks guys!  Being retired on a disability,  I get my "honey do" stuff done in the mornings, so I have most afternoons to get into my lair for a few hours each day. To keep my sessions from being only minutes while some subassembly etc... dries,  I usually have 3 kits going at the same time.  This helps me move along.

Being sick for a while, I haven't gone to a  model show, except for a Nats or two, in quite a while. But hey you never know. The family could always use a long weekend in Fla, just to coincide with Jaxcon one year. 😉      The dinosaur in the 3rd row from the top between Dracula and Vincent Price actually got a 2nd at the latest Phx Nats.  I was happy with that.  My first Nats win.

Re: looking at them close up. I  think I posted all or the vast majority of them between the Aircraft, Space/Sci-fi, Figures and Misc folders right here in this forum. Otherwise my BLOG as all of them are in WIP to finale pics and descriptions. Just click 2018 on the right hand side and you can see them by month.

Mark:  hey we were close! Don't know if that was a challenge, but it's on brother!!  😉 Kidding.  I have a lot of kits piled up the wall in my TO Do pile before I check out for the next world. Haha  So I keep moving.

Amen Kevin! No, it's not a challenge, but a friendly competition if you will. I'll see if I can still keep up with you. You can follow my progress on my Maddog Manufacturing thread to see how you're doing. I too have a ton of kits on the To Do pile that I want to get finished. Hopefully this is the year I complete a lot of them!

Stay the course my friend and I hope to see you at the next Nationals!

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 5:13 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

Amen Kevin! No, it's not a challenge, but a friendly competition if you will. I'll see if I can still keep up with you. You can follow my progress on my Maddog Manufacturing thread to see how you're doing. I too have a ton of kits on the To Do pile that I want to get finished. Hopefully this is the year I complete a lot of them!

Stay the course my friend and I hope to see you at the next Nationals!

Aah, I was teasin' ya. 😉  A friendly competition is perfect. 😄  I will certainly follow your thread,  and will be watching for your next build.

I won't be at C'nooga.  On top of everything else, arthritis is filling up my knees and hips, and that makes walking difficult.  When I went to register, I found out the the Hotel closest to the Hall sold out in a day, and the only one still available was 4 blocks away. That put me out of the competition. Driving 4 blocks every time I want to get to the Hall is silly , and there's no way I can walk it anymore.  Sorta got me annoyed too in that I'm sure in early July there will be an announcement of rooms available in the main Hoitel b/c of ppl cancelling, when it's too late to get a cheap flight. Oh well, that's how the game is played...

So I'm just keeping my eyes and ears open for the TX show. 🙂

That's cool Kevin. I might not make C'nooga either, mostly due to lack of funds. Still, one can hope and pray. I do hope you can make it to the San Marcos show. If I can't make C'nooga, I'll put all my savings to the San Marcos show.

• Like 1