Finally

nmertes

Found a model of the Spook almost a year ago & finally finished it.  The colors are not according to any scheme.  If you do a google search, you'll even find him wrapped in a British flag & bowler.  The blue is Tamiya Flat Blue; the cape & mask are Model Masters Gunship Gray; his hat band is Model Masters Light Gull Gray; and his hair is Tamiya rattle can primer.  I mean, he's 57 years old.  He has a right to gray hair.  The glossy finish is Future or whatever they call it these days.  Had to show that I could actually finish something even if it did only have 4 parts.😊

IMG_20190103_170525.jpg

• Like 2

Very cool! I didn't know anyone made such a figure. I suppose you could put lots of "schemes" on it, seeing as how many countries phlew the Phantom! I like the way you've done yours.

I see you're in Grove City! I lived in Columbus for 20yrs....are you a member of the Rickenbacker club? GREAT group of guys! Thanks for sharing your work!

GIL :cool:

Edited by ghodges

Proud member of the Rickenbacker club.  Unfortunately, I don't remember where I found the kit.  I just remember it was less than $20.00 & it's solid resin.  Spent 4 years in the Navy as a still photographer & 18 years in the Air Force working in/managing aerial reconnaissance labs & gun camera labs.  Had lots of drawings/photos of the spook in the labs.

Found him.  I did get the kit from Sprue Brothers.  http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/arsab100001.htm  $17.99.

Edited by nmertes
Added information

Nick, that looks phabulous! I'm thrilled to see him all done up; that is a most imaginative scheme.

My brother lives in Grove City and his boys go to Grove City High School and play in their band. I had a blast this past year when I attended the Rickenbacker meeting a year ago this week.

Mark, when you get back this way the next time, stop by Batteries Plus on Stringtown Rd. here in Grovetucky.  I'm usually there Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday.