The Duke's First Completed Model for 2019

Mark Deliduka

Well, it's the second day of a new year and yesterday I actually finished a Shelf Queen of four years. This beastie fought me like the Boeing 737 did but I am more thrilled  with the finish of this model that the other.

I present to you my first model of 2019, the Heller 1/72 scale C-118 transport plane:

USAF_C-118_Transport_I.jpg

USAF_C-118_Transport_II.jpg

USAF_C-118_Transport_III.jpg

It feels good to start the year with this thing out of what's left of my hair. Unlike the Boeing, I think I'll be taking this to contests. It most likely won't place, but it's gonna look great on the tables!

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ghodges said:

Don't know what troubles you may have had, but that looks great to me! Congrats on clearing one from the "moldie-oldie" pile!

GIL :cool:

Thanks Gil! To see many of the issues, (almost all of them of the 'paint' variety) you have to look back an a few years of Maddog Manufacturing Threads. I detailed out everything I experienced there.

Thanks again fro the compliments; I am thrilled to have this off the Shelf of Doom!

Thanks Glenn. I'm real happy with the way this one turned out.

Thanks William! Yeah, it is such a joy and relief to move something like this to the display shelf.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to congratulate on your fine work on the Heller C-118...well done!  I wanted to ask you, for the size of the model, how much weight did you have to put in the nose of the aircraft to keep it level?   Job well done!

Thanks John! The amount of weight in the nose wasn't measured, I believe I added about an ounce of fishing weights. They were the football shaped ones; about 1/2oz each and i added two, just to be sure.

Thanks Brad! I appreciate it very much.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:53 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

Thanks John! The amount of weight in the nose wasn't measured, I believe I added about an ounce of fishing weights. They were the football shaped ones; about 1/2oz each and i added two, just to be sure.

Thanks Brad! I appreciate it very much.

Thank you for the follow-up; again you did a fine job on the C-118, and look forward to seeing more of your work!  

Thanks John! She's gonna be entered in her first contest tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.  To me it don't matter whether she places; I want to see people's reactions to this bird!

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:40 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

Thanks John! She's gonna be entered in her first contest tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.  To me it don't matter whether she places; I want to see people's reactions to this bird!

How did it go at your contest yesterday?....you had a fine build and I hope it did well. 

Thanks for the interest. She got skunked, but given the quality of models on the tables there; I'm not surprised. Still, she looked good on the table! Now on to the next one!