Maddog Manufacturing 2019 Production Line

Mark Deliduka

Well, here it is more than a month later and I finally had time to actually work on something; thanks to Hobby Day Weekend. Here's my latest.

I tried getting further along on several models, starting with the Russian glider. I managed to get it sanded down now, eliminating a lot of seams and issues:

WIP_Russian_Glider_VI.jpg

I got the wings and wheels on this bird now:

WIP_Russian_Glider_VII.jpg

Later I added more Mr. Surfacer to the wing roots and sanded it down. This bird is ready for paint now.

After that, I decided to get caught up on some armor. The MAN Pershing tractor-trailer was advanced a bit when I got the missile cradle done on the trailer:

WIP_MAN_Pershing_IX.jpg

The missile is removable for painting. I also completed all the assembly on the tractor. This is now ready for paint:

WIP_MAN_Pershing_X.jpg

This is looking good so far:

WIP_MAN_Pershing_XI.jpg

Now I wanted to advance my BMP-3 Early a little more. I finished up the wheels, sprockets and tracks as well as the interior:

WIP_Russian_BMP_3_Early_V.jpg

Then I completed most of the upper hull and snapped it down on top, then added the turret to see how it looks:

WIP_Russian_BMP_3_Early_VI.jpg

Almost there...

After this, I decided the M-1114 Humvee languished long enough. I pushed ahead on this one, finishing the main body and part of the roof:

WIP_US_M-1114_Armored_Humvee_III.jpg

After dry fitting the roof, I saw where other issues were going to happen:

WIP_US_M-1114_Armored_Humvee_II.jpg

Yeah, that's back on the box for now...

Moving on, I got the wheels and sprockets on the Nagmachon in preparation for the tracks:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_X.jpg

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XI.jpg

Afterward, I added the doghouse after installing the armored glass to it. I also 'primered' the wheels in preparation for the vinyl tracks as recommended so the vinyl doesn't melt the wheels:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XII.jpg

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XIII.jpg

After this is gonna be a bunch of photo-etch and then some paint, some weathering, and then more photo-etch screens all over this. Fun times ahead!

For a little break, I decided to work more on my 1/24 scale Coke truck. First, I had some ejector pin marks to fill:

WIP_Coke_Delivery_Van_III.jpg

I don't know how much of that will be able to be seen, but I still want it looking good enough. Later I added the fenders to the main floor of this truck. The hood piece is only dry-fit to this:

WIP_Coke_Delivery_Van_IV.jpg

Time to wait on that again....

After this, I wanted something simple, easy and fun. So, remember that Bobcat kit of the airfield support vehicles I got? I pulled that out and got the vehicles all built. They are snap together so I can disassemble them as needed to paint details. For now though, I just played!

Here's the Fire Truck:

WIP_Airport_Support_Vehicles_I.jpg

Later I realized that the hose nozzle was not attached to the roof so I drilled the hole and added it.

Here's the Fuel truck:

WIP_Airport_Support_Vehicles_II.jpg

Yes, there is glass for the windows; I just left it off for painting purposes.

Here are the two together, you can see the nozzle on the roof of the fire truck now:

WIP_Airport_Support_Vehicles_III.jpg

After that was the baggage handling tractor and trailer with the generator trailer:

WIP_Airport_Support_Vehicles_IV.jpg

Here's the full set all together:

WIP_Airport_Support_Vehicles_V.jpg

BTW, there's figures with this set too....

After all this, I decided it was time to move on and get my church built. Remember the cross I bought for this? Well, I decided to cement it directly to the original tiny cross so I could use the support for the new cross:

WIP_Church_Building_X.jpg

Now this will fit well on the church:

WIP_Church_Building_XI.jpg

And it does look good! I like this very much:

WIP_Church_Building_XII.jpg

Later on I painted all the white trim around the windows, doors and ledges:

WIP_Church_Building_XIII.jpg

Later I'll get the cornerstones and then try to figure out how to do the stone walls and roof.

Well, that completes this small update. Maybe I'll be able to get more done later, but I'm thinking it might be another month! Regardless, enjoy the tour and thanks for looking in!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 4:58 PM, ghodges said:

And now you've added actual buildings to your building! Always entertained and amazed by your work Duke!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil! I actually have three buildings going now: the church, the Berlin House and a Train Station. None will be ready by the Nats but I am hoping to finish them all before years end.

• 1 month later...

Well, it has been quite some time since I got this updated so it's time to throw open the doors and get the minions going again on some more models here at the Manufacturing Plant. Here is my latest small update on what little I was able to get done within the past few days.

I'll start with the Austratt turret base. I just did a dry-brush on this to see if I could get a better appearance on the cement base. Later I hope to try a green and brown dot filter to add some streaking and weathering to this. I want to wait till the weather cools down more outside before I start airbrushing the turret and other models again. Until then, I'll just be working on the base:

WIP_Austratt_Turret_XVI.jpg

I'm not that thrilled with it, but hopefully the filter will work to make it look better.

Next I worked on the one railroad flat car that I started in Ohio. This was my work in Ohio here working on the first truck. Basic assembly was here:

WIP_German_80SSYS_Rail_Car_I.jpg

Talk about fiddly! Man that was a challenging thing to do. Later I tried a different sequence to assemble the second one to try and make it easier. It worked to a small degree... Meanwhile, this one still had some final parts to add:

WIP_German_80SSYS_Rail_Car_II.jpg

My apologies for the fuzziness. My camera was having a tough time focusing here.

After I got home I pulled this out again and decided that I was going to build the main part of this rail car. I assembled the whole upper deck. Here it is next to the original bogie I built in Ohio:

WIP_German_80SSYS_Rail_Car_III.jpg

After finishing the second bogie, I installed them underneath the main deck:

WIP_German_80SSYS_Rail_Car_IV.jpg

They are actually designed to turn so that this can be displayed on a curved track.Later I finished up almost all the detail parts. This is now ready for paint:

WIP_German_80SSYS_Rail_Car_V.jpg

Since I was already working in a railroad subject, I decided to pull out this next one. This was a 1/72 scale Trumpeter Leopold Rail Gun that a friend had started. He had so much difficulty getting the main trucks to assemble correctly that he gave up and offered the model to me. I took it. The issues he had were that the parts for the main trucks were not seated in place properly so the wheels were all wonky and in a couple cases, falling out. I had to disassemble the forward truck in order to re-cement the pieces in place the way they are supposed to sit:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_I.jpg

It took a lot of clamps on this; here is the first attachment I started on; before slowly gluing down the rest as I went:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_II.jpg

Here it is all clamped up on the one side. Later I had to glue the other side. Meanwhile as this was drying, I rebuilt the rear truck which hadn't been assembled as much as the forward truck was:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_IV.jpg

You can see that one in the background sitting on the track testing it for alignment:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_III.jpg

That worked for both of them. Here's the forward truck being tested for alignment:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_V.jpg

These truck are now done and ready for final fiddly bits.

Later on I started the breech and pivot mount for this gun. Here is the basic assembly now:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_VI.jpg

After that I cemented the two halves of the rest of the gun barrel together. You can see the Exacto blade there for size reference:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_VIb.jpg

Later I started most of the sub-assemblies for the elevation mechanism. Here are the major parts all assembled for that:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_VIa.jpg

While all that was drying, I skipped ahead again and started the loading deck box on the rear:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_VII.jpg

There's a lot more that goes on that but they are fiddly so I'll leave them off till later.

I know a lot of people panned Trumpeter railroad track pieces, but I gotta say that I love them! They gave me four in this kit:

WIP_Trumpeter_Tracks_I.jpg

Finally, I decided to move forward on the church I'm building. I don't know if I posted this, but here's the cross I bought for this to replace the tiny one that came in the kit:

WIP_Church_Building_XI~0.jpg

Anyway, after priming this church; I found a load of seams on almost all the corners where the walls joined; despite my best efforts to press everything together tightly enough to close them off. So, I filled them with Mr. Surfacer and then sanded them down as much as I could after the Mr. Surfacer had dried. Here were the worst ones:

WIP_Church_Building_XIV.jpg

WIP_Church_Building_XIVa.jpg

WIP_Church_Building_XIVb.jpg

Once I finished all that sanding, I repainted everything; then touched up the rest of the stone work on the sides. I then painted the roof sections with Pollyscale Oily Black. This is coming along nicely now:

WIP_Church_Building_XIVc.jpg

WIP_Church_Building_XIVd.jpg

There is still some more basic painting to be done, particularly on the doors; but for the most part the base painting work is done. I do still need to source some stained glass window images now.

That is all I have now. It ain't much; just what I've been able to squeeze in between work, chores and friends. Enjoy the tour; thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Here's my latest update for this week. I'll start with my one aircraft.

This is my Israeli Sufa in 1/72 scale. I finally got the canopy, exhaust and wheel wells masked off:

WIP_Israeli_F-16I_Sufa_VIIIc.jpg

WIP_Israeli_F-16I_Sufa_VIIId.jpg

Later, when I was painting everything, I shot an upper base color on this. It is Testor's Israeli Armor Sand:

WIP_Israeli_F-16I_Sufa_X.jpg

That base coat showed me where a lot of gaps and seams were so I filled them in:

WIP_Israeli_F-16I_Sufa_XI.jpg

WIP_Israeli_F-16I_Sufa_XII.jpg

I set that aside to dry and went to work on more stuff, this time ground based. While I had the airbrush out, I shot a new base coat on the Austratt turret:

WIP_Austratt_Turret_XVII.jpg

WIP_Austratt_Turret_XVIII.jpg

Finally! A smooth even coat of paint. Here it is on the base casemate:

WIP_Austratt_Turret_XIX.jpg

Still while painting, I went ahead and masked off the windows on the MAN tractor for the Pershing II truck:

WIP_MAN_Pershing_XII.jpg

Next came the paint for the tractor and the trailer:

WIP_MAN_Pershing_XIII.jpg

WIP_MAN_Pershing_XIIIa.jpg

The front platform broke off; it has since been repaired. Meanwhile I pulled out a more OD color for the Pershing II itself:

WIP_MAN_Pershing_XIIIb.jpg

While still airbrushing, I shot a base coat of Panzer Schwartzgrua on the flat car. I thinned it a bit too much though:

WIP_German_80SSYS_Rail_Car_VI.jpg

Finally it was time to move ahead on the Nagmachon. I started by masking the tiny windows with Tamiya tape:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XIV.jpg

After that, I added all the extra fiddly bits and all the P/E screen mounting brackets. What a porcupine this has become:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XV.jpg

I then first shot it with a dark OD color as a base:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XVI.jpg

After that dried up, I shot another coat of Israeli Armor Sand over it to try and get some modulation out of it. That is a bit hard to see in these pics, but it's there:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XVII.jpg

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XVIII.jpg

I also started the assembly of the tracks for this. They will go one later and then I plan on glossing this for a dirt wash and later dry-brush. The P/E screens will go on last.

After all that I wanted to start something simple and fun. I pulled out my AMT Space 1999 Hawk ship and got started on it. First were the engine pods:

WIP_Space_1999_Hawk_I.jpg

Next were the armament pods:

WIP_Space_1999_Hawk_II.jpg

Finally, the main engine halves got assembled:

WIP_Space_1999_Hawk_III.jpg

And that's as far as I got on all this so far. I have more to come after Friday and Saturday so stay tuned.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Now for my latest work I did at Hobby Day this past weekend. All this is armor and at least three of these are brand new models started during Hobby Day.

The one model I continued to work on was the twin 128mm AA guns that go with the Austratt turret. I did get the first of two barrels built:

WIP_Austratt_128mm_Gun_A_I.jpg

After doing the second one the same way, I then assembled the whole gun. It took awhile and had me highly frustrated due to the way the instructions aren't clear and the steps they tell you to do only make the assembly more difficult. I finally got most of this beastie completed:

WIP_Austratt_128mm_Gun_A_II.jpg

WIP_Austratt_128mm_Gun_A_III.jpg

This gun is almost ready for paint after a few more fiddly bits get installed.

After that I decided to try something different... hey, who left this engine lying around?

WIP_Bereg_Coastal_Defese_Gun_I.jpg

Okay, that above is the V-12 engine that goes to my Bereg Coastal Defense gun. There were fifteen parts on that I had to assemble to get that to this point. By this time, I was tired of tiny pieces so I jumped ahead and built the command and control cabin for this as well as the turret. Here is the turret all assembled. You can see the gun that goes on this in the background:

WIP_Bereg_Coastal_Defese_Gun_II.jpg

Here it is lined up behind the C&C cabin as it will be when installed on the chassis:

WIP_Bereg_Coastal_Defese_Gun_III.jpg

Next I pulled out the ACE BTR-3K and started on it. First I assembled the lower hull. There are five pieces that make this up:

WIP_Ukrainian_BTR-3K_I.jpg

Then came the upper hull. Three more pieces:

WIP_Ukrainian_BTR-3K_II.jpg

Here's the top sitting on the bottom. Putting these together will be interesting:

WIP_Ukrainian_BTR-3K_III.jpg

Finally I started another car; this one a Type 770 Cabriolet. I started of course, with the chassis. This was tough as the connection points were not clear in the instructions:

WIP_Type_770K_Cabriolet_F_I.jpg

After that I built the interior and the upper body. Here it is all together:

WIP_Type_770K_Cabriolet_F_II.jpg

Later I realized that the stance was not correct so I had to pull the front suspension off and rebuild it properly. I don't have pics of that, but this little car is almost ready for paint.

That's all I managed to get done on Hobby Day Friday and Saturday. I was surprised at how well I did given everything that was going on both those days.

This will probably be the last update for a couple weeks due to the start of a fairly large job so enjoy!

Thanks for looking in; comments are welcome.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, after a considerable time, I finally managed to get back to the workbench. Here's my latest progress on several models.

I'll start with the church. Since I was putting a brown wash on the Austratt turret base, I also experimented with it on the side of the church building:

WIP_Church_Building_XIVe.jpg

Later on I'll drybrush some lighter grey over that to see how it looks.  

Speaking of the Austratt turret, here is the base with the brown wash on it. It can barely be seen in these pics but I assure you it is there and visible:

WIP_Austratt_Turret_XXII.jpg

I had also tried a dot filter on the sides of the turret as well, but it is not very visible here either:

WIP_Austratt_Turret_XX.jpg

WIP_Austratt_Turret_XXI.jpg

Later on I glossed this turret, then did a brown wash on the rivets, protrusions and seams and then dull coated this:

WIP_Austratt_Turret_XXIII.jpg

Again, not very visible in these pics; all the effects can be seen better in person. After all this, I've declared this beastie done.

Moving on, I experimented again with a dark earth drybrush on a portion of the church roof. The left side is not drybrushed, the right side is:

WIP_Church_Building_XIVf.jpg

That drybrush was done over a base coat of Oily Black paint on the tiles.

Continuing on with ground elements, I was able to move forward on my George Creed Tribute Build for my friend. I first shot a modulation of a lighter green over the cab, trailer and missile:

WIP_MAN_Pershing_XIV.jpg

WIP_MAN_Pershing_XV.jpg

WIP_MAN_Pershing_XVI.jpg

The missile was also drybrushed at this time. After that, just for fun I fitted the missile onto the trailer to see how it looks:

WIP_MAN_Pershing_XVIa.jpg

I then detail painted the tractor portion with some Oily Black on the chassis and suspension as well as finished off the painting on other parts:

WIP_MAN_Pershing_XVIII.jpg

That chassis and suspension later got a dry brush of steel over it.

After that it got glossed for a wash. There seemed to be no markings on this tractor; at least the instructions didn't show any which I thought as odd, but I moved on. I wanted this done so I glossed the trailer and the missile and added the decals to both of them:

WIP_MAN_Pershing_XVII.jpg

Here is the missile and trailer all dullcoated after the decals had dried:

WIP_MAN_Pershing_XIX.jpg

My George Creed Tribute Build is finally done.

After this I also moved ahead on my Israeli Nagmachon. There was a lot to before the photo etch went on. First off, I painted the photo etch. Then I glossed the model and added the decals plus a medium brown wash:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XXI.jpg

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XX.jpg

Next came the dull coat and drybrush of a light sand over the details, as well as the painting of the machine guns:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XXII.jpg

Finally the tracks and last side skirts were installed. This one is ready for the photo etch screens:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XXIII.jpg

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XXIV.jpg

And finally, I did manage to get some progress done on one of my aircraft. The Israeli Sufa needed more seams and gaps filled so I added some more Mr. Surfacer 500 to them:

WIP_Israeli_F-16I_Sufa_XI~0.jpg

WIP_Israeli_F-16I_Sufa_XII~0.jpg

After some sanding and repainting, it looks much better. It still ain't perfect, but I'm far more happy with this:

WIP_Israeli_F-16I_Sufa_XIII.jpg

Next up will be the other two camouflage colors.

And that completes my progress for this month so far. Hopefully I can finish that Nagmachon and Sufa this week.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are most welcome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after another week and a half, I have a good bit more progress done. It's been a good week so far.

Here is the latest progress I got done, starting with my aircraft.

The Shinmeiwa was getting on my nerves so it was pulled out to move it along. I started with the inner flaps, trapping the hinge pieces inside with caps. You can see here where I had to improvise when one cap disappeared:

WIP_Japanese_Shinmeiwa_IVd.jpg

I then got the inner flaps assembled:

WIP_Japanese_Shinmeiwa_IVe.jpg

The outer flaps were assembled afterward the same way:

WIP_Japanese_Shinmeiwa_IVf.jpg

Then they were all dry, I trapped them inside the two wing halves when I assembled the wings. They move quite well in there:

WIP_Japanese_Shinmeiwa_V.jpg

Later while looking at the instructions, I noticed that there were certain fuselage plates that had to be inserted and glued flush when the fuselage was assembled. Yet, there were no tabs or 'shelves' for the plates to sit on, making it too easy for them to fall into the fuselage. So, I glued some sheet styrene pieces to the openings to allow the plates to be placed in place without the threat of them disappearing inside the fuselage:

WIP_Japanese_Shinmeiwa_VIa.jpg

WIP_Japanese_Shinmeiwa_VIb.jpg

I was ready to move on by then.

Because of Frank's fantastic Huey helicopter builds, I decided to bring out one of my two UH-1D's I'd gotten at the recent game convention and start it. This one has special markings for a German SAR bird that looked very cool, so I decided on that one. First step of course was the cockpit and interior:

WIP_German_UH-1_Huey_Hog_I.jpg

That was as far as I got before I started again on my armor.

My first work on my armor was to assemble the main hull of the Terminator. Here it is with the side sponsons, hatches, and various detail bits on it:

WIP_Russian_Terminator_II.jpg

Next I test fit the turret onto this to see how well it turns. It turns well:

WIP_Russian_Terminator_III.jpg

After that I assembled the five pieces of the lower hull:

WIP_Russian_Terminator_IV.jpg

This thing is starting to look pretty good:

WIP_Russian_Terminator_V.jpg

WIP_Russian_Terminator_VI.jpg

Next up, I decided to get back on my Bereg Coastal Defense Gun. I pulled out the parts to assemble the chassis and went to work, finally finishing when I got this much done:

WIP_Bereg_Coastal_Defese_Gun_IV.jpg

I then assembled the control cabin and floor, along with some bracing pylons:

WIP_Bereg_Coastal_Defese_Gun_V.jpg

...followed by the gun barrel to the turret:

WIP_Bereg_Coastal_Defese_Gun_VI.jpg

Here is the whole thing dry-fit together so far:

WIP_Bereg_Coastal_Defese_Gun_VII.jpg

And then I realized, I have three other eight-wheeled Russian trucks I can build with the same chassis. That's when I got sucked in....

I pulled out another one, this time the MAZ Heavy Cargo Truck. I built that chassis:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_I.jpg

And then I built the cargo bed since it was so simple to do:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_II.jpg

Next was the MAZ Command Post for the SA-10 Grumble SAM system. Yep, another MAZ chassis:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Command_Post_I.jpg

I then started the command post cabin. It wasn't as easy as the cargo bed, but still went together well enough:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Command_Post_II.jpg

Still more to do on that but here it is dry-fit to the chassis:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Command_Post_III.jpg

Oh, and here's another one! This is another MAZ chassis, but if you look closely; you'll see it is slightly shorter than the others.  This one is for the MAZ Tractor pulling the trailer:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Tractor_Trailer_II.jpg

Since I had the tractor started, it was time to start the trailer too, so I assembled it to this stage. I have a few more detail parts to add before it's painted and then after that I'll add the wheels:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Tractor_Trailer_I.jpg

I then realized I had two more (at least) eight-wheeled Russian Trucks to do, but these were different trucks based on the KZMT series of trucks. I pulled out the first one, a KZMT Heavy Cargo Truck. Here's the completed chassis for that one:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_I.jpg

I then built the easy to assemble cargo bed again and dry fit it to the chassis:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_II.jp

Last, I assembled another KZMT chassis; this one for the Iskandar missile system:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Iskandar_K_I.jpg

Just for fun, here are all the chassis all lined up for you to see:

WIP_Russian_Eght-Wheeled_Trucks_I.jpg

This shot shows the extra sub-assemblies on them to show which one is for which truck:

WIP_Russian_Eght-Wheeled_Trucks_II.jpg

But wait! I started a seventh eight-wheeled truck. This last one is the AA-60 Fire and Rescue truck on the MAZ chassis. This model company kept it real simple though, here is the chassis assembly:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_I.jpg

Well, I couldn't stop there. I had to build the rest of the rear body for this truck, but I started with the small cabin behind the driver's cab:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_II.jpg

That didn't fit too well, but I moved on. Here is the rear body mostly assembled so far:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_III.jpg

No need to worry about that gap in the back. It will be obvious why when I install this tank I also built:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_IV.jpg

See? No gap, but there are other issues I will have to address. Still, this is looking quite impressive so far:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_V.jpg

One of those issues was on the small cab; I got started on that one with some Mr. Surfacer 500:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_VI.jpg

When that dries it'll be sanded down.

That's when I decided I'd done enough till now. So, I shall end this update here and I hope you enjoyed the latest tour. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Nice progress Duke! This is the first time I recall you mentioning losing a part. It's probably happened before, but what's amazing to me is that with the myriad of projects you always have going it's not a regular occurrence!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil! It does seem to me to happen all the time, but then again, I guess I'm always focused on it. I do try to go slow enough and sit close enough to the table to keep parts from being lost. Just the other day, I did drop seven different parts but surprisingly enough was able to recover all of them.

Thanks again for the great compliment!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my latest progress done at Hobby Day and a few days before and after. I was very happy with how much I got done.

I'll start with my aircraft; or in this case, helicopters.

I finished painting the interior for the HUP-2, so once I get the windows in the fuselage, I'll be able to close this little bird up:

WIP_US_Navy_HUP_2_II.jpg

I also got the interior painted on the Huey Hog. This one will be able to be closed up after I apply the instrument panel decals and then install the windows as well:

WIP_German_UH-1_Huey_Hog_II.jpg

Now here is the work I did on the Gotha I bought from my friend. He had already assembled the booms and the wings, so I started with the cockpit... such as it is:

WIP_German_Gothat_Go-242_I.jpg

This model gives the option of making this plane a glider or a powered transport aircraft. I decided that since I haven't got this in powered form yet, I'll build it with engines:

WIP_German_Gothat_Go-242_III.jpg

As those were drying, I then added the engine nacelle parts to the wings that will hold those engines and the booms:

WIP_German_Gothat_Go-242_II.jpg

That's as far as I got on that. After all that I moved on to my armor.

The first thing I did was to paint the base tan color on the deck of my railroad flatcar. Later I'll try to make this look more like wood:

WIP_German_80SSYS_Rail_Car_VII.jpg

Next I decided to move forward on more of the Aerosans for the Treasure Train game that I'd been "threatening" to put on for a year now. I had one already half built so I assembled the engine and added it to the body to finish it up and have it ready for paint:

WIP_Game_Sleds_XII.jpg

After that, I started the last one I have in my stash. I do need to buy a few more....

Anyway, I got that one half done before I realized I left all the engine parts at home. Still, it is started at least, and the engine will be easy to get finished and mounted on this. Here is the last one next to the finished on I just did:

WIP_Game_Sleds_XIII.jpg

Moving on from there, I next decided that the T-15 Armata was calling my name too loudly so I got started on that one. First thing I did was to build the turret. That went fast:

WIP_Russian_T-15_Armata_IV.jpg

Next I added the detail parts to the upper hull. There wasn't too much to add, so this went fast as well:

WIP_Russian_T-15_Armata_I.jpg

After that I assembled the lower hull. I'm really thrilled at how well this model fits together:

WIP_Russian_T-15_Armata_II.jpg

Finally, I test fit everything together sans turret. This is one big beastie! Check this out:

WIP_Russian_T-15_Armata_III.jpg

I did stop there but I was having so much fun with this Zvezda kit that I pulled out the Terminator to finish up a bit more. The first thing I did was to assemble the rocket tubes and mount them on the turret:

WIP_Russian_Terminator_VII.jpg

They are pretty fiddly and will make turning that turret a bit hard. Moving on, I finished up adding the bogies and roadwheels to the lower hull:

WIP_Russian_Terminator_VIII.jpg

I also added the side skirts and other detail parts to the upper hull as well:

WIP_Russian_Terminator_IX.jpg

Putting the upper and power hull together looks great, this vehicle is now ready for paint:

WIP_Russian_Terminator_X.jpg

WIP_Russian_Terminator_XI.jpg

After that, I moved on to the final steps I needed to do to finish my Nagmachon. All the photo etch radar antennae, stowage fences, fenders and anti-RPG bar armor was installed:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XXV.jpg

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XXVI.jpg

After some touch up to the paint and adjustment to some of the photo-etch screens, I can declare this thing done. Pics of that are forthcoming later....

After that, I just wanted to build and/or paint. Since I wanted to move forward on some of my eight-wheeled trucks, I pulled them out and chose the AA-60 fire truck first.

While cleaning the seam on the end of the tank, I ended up cutting a big hole in the end of it!

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_VII.jpg

Out came the sheet styrene and some squares were cut. The first one went on the holed end:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_VIIa.jpg

To make this look better, I added the other square to the opposite end:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_VIIb.jpg

I then trimmed the excess off with a pair of scissors:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_VIIc.jpg

...and some careful sanding later, I have a smooth finish on each end:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_VIId.jpg

Next, because the end plates on the main body were not fashioned properly to fit without major gaps; I used more of that sheet styrene to plug the ends:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_VIII.jpg

After some additional assembly, I then cemented the lower body and the forward engine cabin to the chassis. I then snapped the tank in for now. Here's how it looks so far:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_IX.jpg

Well, that was enough of fighting that. I then pulled out one of the KZKT truck cabs and started to assemble the interior:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_III.j

Next I added the axles to the chassis:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_IV.jp

Additional detail parts went on, such as the fuel tanks on the side. I also checked to be sure the wheels all line up and sit properly:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_IVa.j

I then painted the interior of the cab:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_V.jpg

Here's how the cab looks all assembled. I only snapped the outer cab on the interior:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_VI.jp

Now that was for the KZKT Heavy Truck. I also worked on the MAZ heavy Truck, starting with the axles and fuel tanks on that chassis:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_III.jp

The MAZ has that split cab and so I assembled and painted the interiors for both sides:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_IV.jpg

And that is where I had to stop due to Hobby Day being over and all the work I've been doing this past week. Hopefully I'll have more to show soon.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are always welcome.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the Thanksgiving holiday is over, I'll show you the small amount of progress I managed to make during the holiday weekend. I don't expect much replies given the small update, but personally I'm very thrilled with the progress I made. So sit back and enjoy this latest tour of Maddog Manufacturing...

I'll start with the unexpected setback I had when I was preparing to paint the interiors of my Russian truck cabs. I didn't use much pressure and I sure wasn't gripping this too hard, but this is what happened anyway:

BUSTED_IV.jpg

Fortunately I had another bottle of that same paint which had been used so I was able to filter the remaining paint from the broken jar into the other one:

BUSTED_IVa.jpg

So, after that was done I painted the seats on the interior of some of the trucks. While they dried, I pulled out my German railroad flatcar which I'd already painted with a light tan. I then gave it a heavy dark brown wash:

WIP_German_80SSYS_Rail_Car_VIII.jpg

After that, I decided I didn't want to work on axles and bogies so I started another German Cabriolet car from ACE. I started with the chassis/undercarriage. I got only a little progress when one of the springs shot out of the tweezers and disappeared. After spending too much time searching, I said 'screw it!' and cut a piece of sprue to the same length as the first spring. While sizing that and getting it ready to glue; it snapped off and disappeared. A second one also did. Finally, the third one went on:

WIP_German_Cabriolet_I.jpg

That's it. I was done with that! It ain't gonna be seen with the wheel on anyway!

Axles and bogies didn't look so bad after that ordeal!

So, I pulled out the MAZ tractor and assembled all the axles and installed them and other bits to the chassis:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Tractor_Trailer_III.jpg

Next it called for installing the main driver's cabin and the one behind it. So, I assembled the whole cabin and then mounted that on the chassis. That did present some issues, but it went on well, along with the rear cab:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Tractor_Trailer_IV.jpg

Another shot from slightly above:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Tractor_Trailer_IVa.jpg

And of course, I just had to shoot this whole thing with the trailer behind it:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Tractor_Trailer_V.jpg

That went well. So, I pulled out my KZKT Heavy truck and moved forward on that. Since I'd already had the cab built for this, I installed it onto the chassis along with the rear cab and the cargo bed:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_VII.j

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_VIIa.

After that, I pulled out my MAZ Heavy truck. Since I had already had the axles installed on the chassis of this truck, I went to work installing the cabin. This time I decided to try assembling it the way the instructions showed. This required me to cement the rear cab first, then add the two forward interior sub-assemblies to each side of the chassis. It took some doing getting them lined up and straight, given there were no attachment points on the chassis for these parts. Finally, I got them done well enough. Here it is with the exterior cab shell in front of it:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_V.jpg

Finally when that was dry, I slid the exterior cab shell over it and cemented everything in place. I then added the rear cargo bed too. It was slightly harder to do the driver's cab this way than the way I did it: assembling the full driver's cab all the way before installing it. You can see where I had to add some filler to a couple very small seams:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Heavy_Cargo_Truck_VI.jpg

Those three trucks are now ready for P/E detail parts and then paint, along with my BMPT Terminator.

Finally I was getting tired of the Leopold rail gun sitting around my workbench. It was time to get it finished. So, I pulled it out and assembled the interior elevating mechanism:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_VIc.jpg

Later I had to install that and several bulkheads inside of the interior main gun carriage. That took some fiddling around and fighting parts to line up; widening holes and trying to keep things from breaking as I assembled this interior. Finally I fought this to a standstill:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_VIII.jpg

And just to show you how big this is, here's a shot of it next to an Exacto knife:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_VIIIa.jpg

After assembling this, I had to slip it inside the exterior gun carriage superstructure and hopefully it would sit right so the top plate would go on solid. Of course it didn't. So, I started gluing and clamping this on one end to get it to sit right:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_VIIIb.jpg

After much fussing and fighting and more clamps later, I got it all glued and clamped together to fit right(I hope!!!):

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_VIIIc.jpg

That's three hours of my time I won't get back!

After that, I pulled out my flex-i-file and sanded the seams of the main gun. Once that was done well enough, I just had to dry it it to the previous assembly to see how it looked:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_VIIId.jpg

And that is everything I got done over the past four or five days in between baking pies, shopping with the wife, singing with my choir, and attending the in-law's for Thanksgiving dinner; then more shopping with the wife and more singing in the choir.... Wow, imagine how much I could have done if my wife had been working....

Anyway, that completes my short update. Feel free to comment; they are always welcome and motivating. Thanks for looking in.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it’s the week after Hobby Day and I’m very happy with the progress I made this weekend. What a great couple days! Here is my latest work, starting with my helicopters and aircraft.

First, I spent time adding all the windows and clear parts to the fuselage of the German Gotha:

WIP_German_Gothat_Go-242_IV.jpg

…and to the Huey Hog:

WIP_German_UH-1_Huey_Hog_III.jpg

I had already done the same with the HUP 1, so I added the interior to the right fuselage:

WIP_US_Navy_HUP_2_IV.jpg

I then built up the engine for this little bird:

WIP_US_Navy_HUP_2_III.jpg

When that was dry, I installed it in with the transmission rods. I didn’t paint it because so much of it won’t be seen:

WIP_US_Navy_HUP_2_V.jpg

After that, I closed this bird up. You can see there’s a lot of seam filling work ahead of me. I also will have to paint some of the engine interior and transmission rods that can be seen through the open holes:

WIP_US_Navy_HUP_2_VI.jpg

Now moving on to my armor, I first added the detail parts to the turret and then added the roadwheels and sprockets to bring my T-15 Armata closer to paint:

WIP_Russian_T-15_Armata_V.jpg

Next it was time to move on the rest of the Russian eight-wheeled trucks. First off, I started work on the AA-60 fire truck/crash tender. This needed the cab added to it. So, I assembled three sides to each cab; after having built the interiors, and then cemented them onto the chassis where they were supposed to go:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_X.jpg

Here you can see the interior of the driver’s cab:
WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_Xa.jpg

The middle engine cover and front grill needed to be installed at the same time as the cab sides since they were separate parts. You can see here once again how short-run this kit is:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_Xb.jpg

And because of my lack of checking first, I had mistakenly removed a vital section of the rear of the cab, so I had to close it up again with some more sheet styrene. You can see it sticking up at the left of the pic:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_Xc.jpg

Next I painted the interiors of the cabs in preparation for closing them up. I did a crude job, but once these are closed it won’t be so obvious to anyone looking at this. Here’s the driver’s side:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_Xd.jpg

And the other side:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_Xe.jpg

And finally, I did some sanding and adjustments and then closed up the cabs. Here it is all assembled. You can see from the right and left side shots that this had some tough fit issues that will need to be addressed:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_XI.jpg

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_XIa.jpg

Next I added the highly simplified axles to the chassis. After all the crazy assembly from the other five trucks; this was a breeze, despite the difficult fit:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_XII.jpg

Here’s a better shot:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_XIIa.jpg

Next up was the Iskandr on the KZKT chassis. First I needed to assemble the cab, so I painted the interior first:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Iskandar_K_II.jpg

Again, a bit crude but it won’t be that clear when it’s together. While that was drying, I added the axles and fuel tanks to the chassis to complete it:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Iskandar_K_III.jpg

I then assembled the first and second cabs and added them to the chassis:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Iskandar_K_IV.jpg

After that it was time to work on the missile cabin in the back. First thing I did was to assemble the elevating arms for the missile tubes. They are the long thin things at the bottom of the plate:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Iskandar_K_V.jpg

These were made so you could elevate them if you wanted, so I did:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Iskandar_K_Va.jpg

Next I built up the rest of the rear cab minus the hinged lids, which are not hinged:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Iskandar_K_VI.jpg

And finally, here it is all dry-fit on the back of the chassis:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Iskandar_K_VIa.jpg

After some more work adding the missile tubes and the photo-etch details as well as some smaller parts, this will be ready for paint.

To close this latest update, I’ll leave you all with a pic of all six Russian eight-wheeled trucks almost ready for paint:

WIP_Russian_Eght-Wheeled_Trucks_III.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed this latest run though the factory floor. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks Gil! I do that a lot to keep many sub-assemblies from disappearing. It's sometimes easier to build everything while it is still on the sprue and cut the whole thing off and install it later.

Thanks again for the compliments and for stopping in to see this.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite my best efforts, I didn't finish anything else for 2019. Too many things kept interrupting bench time and the wife had a lot of things she wanted me to do. That being said, here's my best efforts over the past three days. I'll start with my aircraft...

First up, I applied the decals to the cockpit of the German Huey and then closed it up inside the two fuselage halves. I had a devil of a time with seams all over:

WIP_German_UH-1_Huey_Hog_IV.jpg

I especially had problems with the nose, so fortunately; the two chin windows popped out. I used the openings to clamp it shut and this bird is finally together:

WIP_German_UH-1_Huey_Hog_V.jpg

Next up, my HUP-1 was filled with Mr. Surfacer 500 on the seams and the windows and openings were masked:

WIP_US_Navy_HUP_2_VII.jpg

Later I sanded the seams and masked off the cockpit with more tape:

WIP_US_Navy_HUP_2_VIII.jpg

Finally, I added the tail feathers to this little bird:

WIP_US_Navy_HUP_2_IX.jpg

Now, this HUP will take awhile to finish due to the fact that one rotor set disappeared. I found one rotor blade that had broken off, but until the hub and two other blades are found; this bird can't be completed. This won't stop me from airbrushing and adding the landing gear, decals and other bits to bring it as close to done as possible.

Moving on, I decided it was time to get the remaining paint on the Israeli F-16I so I masked off the base coat:

WIP_Israeli_F-16I_Sufa_XIV.jpg

I shot the light tan over this and let it dry:

WIP_Israeli_F-16I_Sufa_XV.jpg

I know it's not easy to see in this pic; everything blends. That being said, after the tan was dry I masked over it to be ready for the third color:

WIP_Israeli_F-16I_Sufa_XVI.jpg

Now I can shoot the third color next time I get the chance.

That's all I have done on my aircraft so far. Now on to my ground vehicles.

First up, I decided to get my T-15 Armata up to the paint stage. I still had a lot of extra parts to add to this. So, I finished off the turret; added the driver's and radio operator's hatches and any other detail parts that were missing:

WIP_Russian_T-15_Armata_VIa.jpg

Then I moved to the lower hull and added all the roadwheels and any other detail parts needed:

WIP_Russian_T-15_Armata_VII.jpg

After that, I added the tracks and cemented the upper and lower hulls together. I also assembled the side skirts and dry-fit them to the sides:

WIP_Russian_T-15_Armata_VIII.jpg

I gotta say, the tracks on this Armata were so easy and quick to put on! Zvezda knows how to do tracks right! I decided to do the same for the Terminator. Here's the Terminator sporting her new shoes:

WIP_Russian_Terminator_XII.jpg

Later that and all the other vehicles got a coat of green but I'm getting ahead of myself.

On my eight-wheeled trucks, I knew I had a lot more to do before painting. Starting with the KZKT trucks, I added all the photo-etch to the cabs and undersides:

WIP_Russian_Eght-Wheeled_Trucks_V.jpg

I then added the cruise missile launch tubes inside the Iskandar:

WIP_Russian_KZMT_Iskandar_K_VII.jpg

I also did the same for all the MAZ trucks but there was very little photo-etch to add to them. I then masked off the windows on all the trucks to ready them for the paint booth:

WIP_Russian_Eght-Wheeled_Trucks_IV.jpg

Once I took that pic, I realized one truck had fallen behind. My "Baikal" command truck was missing from that pic. I pulled out the box and got going on it.

First thing I did was to finish closing up the command cabin:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Command_Post_V.jpg

Next I installed the two sides of the drivers cab interiors as well as the lowered radar. You can see I started painting the interior as well. I had also masked off the windows on the cab ahead of time and removed the main radar/communications mast from the sprue:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Command_Post_IV.jpg

I test fit the communications mast. This is gonna be a tall one:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Command_Post_VI.jpg

The board underneath it was to determine whether all the wheels were touching the ground.

Later; after the interior was fully painted and the cab interiors dry enough, I added the cab exterior:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Command_Post_VI.jpg

The top of the communications mast had photo-etch, so I added it to the top:

WIP_Russian_MAZ_Command_Post_VIII.jpg

The three horizontal bars all need to eventually be bent out to form a 'star'. I'll do that once it's dry.

There was one final truck that needed to be finished off: the MAZ AA-60 fire tender. This beastie had been fighting me all the time I was building it. I pulled it out and got started on adding all the extra detail parts, foam cannon, railings and other accessories to this. I also masked off the windows:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_XIII.jpg

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_XIV.jpg

I then painted the white stripes on the sides of this, as well as the white fender in front and the two stripes on the back doors. It is a bit difficult to see in this pic, but it is there:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_XV.jpg

That's when I noticed (not visible in the above pic) that the rear of the cabs were open. I couldn't have that. I added strip styrene to the openings to seal them off:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_XVa.jpg

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_XVb.jpg

Later on I cut and sanded them flush:

WIP_Russian_AA-60_Fire_Truck_XVc.jpg

Yes, that tiny hole not visible to the naked eye got filled. Now this beastie was ready for paint.

After all that, I was finally able to move forward. I had masked off all the trucks on their windows and their wheel hubs so that I could glue the wheels hubs straight to the axles without having to scrape them first. Here they are all ready for paint! Yes, the Baikal's doors were added to the cab before I painted:

WIP_Russian_Eght-Wheeled_Trucks_VII.jpg

On this pic, you can see the photo-etch I added to the bottom of the KZKT trucks:

WIP_Russian_Eght-Wheeled_Trucks_VI.jpg

Six of the above trucks needed a green base coat so on it went on all six of them. That is two and a half bottles of Testor's Model Master Dark Green sitting in that spray booth:

WIP_Russian_Eght-Wheeled_Trucks_VIII.jpg

As mentioned, I also shot paint on the BMPT Terminator, T-15 Armata and the BMP-3 Early. I used a Russian Armor Green from Testor's and it was lighter and semi-gloss. Oh well; it was going to be flattened anyway. I forgot to get pics of the three of them in their green coats; I was moving too fast and forgot to shoot them. However, once they were dry and while I had the Silly Putty out, I started to mask them off for the second color, starting with the Armata:

WIP_Russian_T-15_Armata_IX.jpg

Next I started masking the BMP-3 Early. It was easier to pull the turret off and mask it first:

WIP_Russian_BMP_3_Early_VIIIa.jpg

Next I masked off the main hull:

WIP_Russian_BMP_3_Early_IX.jpg

Finally, I decided to move forward on the Leopold railgun. This was going to be grey so I pulled out my Schwartzgrau and shot the main trucks first:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_X.jpg

Next I shot the interior of the main trunnion where it would be visible once the top went on:

WIP_Leopold_Railgun_IX.jpg

After a bit of touch up, that will start going together faster. And that is where I had to stop.

So, I hope you all enjoyed this year's tours of Maddog Manufacturing. As I close this year out on this thread, let me leave you with a preview of everything I'll be mostly finishing off in the New Year:

What_sontheBench_1-1-2020_I.jpg

Thanks all for looking in and supporting me throughout the year. Your comments, suggestions and compliments have kept me going.  Take care and I'll see you next year in the new Maddog Manufacturing Thread for 2020.

Comments are always welcome.

Thanks Gil! Yeah, I'm glad I got such a great head start on these. I hope I can maintain the momentum for awhile at least. Thanks again for the compliments. Stay tuned, more to come; but I'll be starting in a new Maddog Manufacturing Thread for 2020.