Revell/Germany 1/32nd scale Westland Lynx HAS.3

Bradley25mm

This little gem has been on my build table for some time. Its taken a back seat to other projects. I started this several months ago. For a kit of this size, and detail, the price was amazing. I paid $30.00.  I also got a rotor fold kit from Scalewarship Ltd. The one thing that stands out to me is the fit of all the parts. Simply amazing. The clear parts are thin, and crystal clear. Best I've ever seen. Decals look awesome as well. The instructions are a little busy, but very detailed. My ONE and only complaint is the lack of any rivet detail. I have some rivet decals that I MIGHT put on, I'm not sure at this point. I did purchase 3 different sets of Big Ed PE to kick it up a notch. Big Ed even included covers for the directional control petals.

I built the base that it will sit on some time ago. I made a stencil for the "H" out of a manila folder. The base consist of 3/4" plywood covered with 100 grit sandpaper. The base was painted with Testors Model Master Enamels. I added oak floor molding to three sides to give it a finished look. The plaques were made by a trophy shop near my home. Took about 3 hours to make the base. I usually build my bases large enough that the model will be protected on all side, if you push it up against a wall. Since the rotors will be in a folded configuration, it won't take up much space in my collection. Thanks for looking.

Lynx 1.jpg

Lynx 2.jpg

Lynx 3.jpg

Lynx 4.jpg

Lynx 5.jpg

Lynx 6.jpg

Lynx 7.jpg

Lynx 8.jpg

Lynx 9.jpg

Lynx 10.jpg

Lynx 11.jpg

Lynx 12.jpg

Lynx 13.jpg

Lynx 14.jpg

Lynx 15.jpg

Lynx 16.jpg

Lynx 17.jpg

Lynx 18.jpg

Lynx 19.jpg

Lynx 20.jpg

Lynx 21.jpg

Lynx 22.jpg

Lynx 23.jpg

Lynx 24.jpg

Lynx 25.jpg

Lynx 26.jpg

Lynx 27.jpg

Lynx 28.jpg

Lynx 29.jpg

Lynx 30.jpg

Lynx 31.jpg

Lynx 32.jpg

Lynx 33.jpg

Lookin good so far.  The PE really ups the "WOW" factor.

I built the !/48th Airfix kit and had a great experience with that one too.

Keep it coming.

Bill