30 Seconds Over Tokyo B-25

Ron Bell

Caught a few glimpses of this film yesterday and one shot caught my eye, While they were over Tokyo, there were a couple of stock footage shots of a B-25 with white engine cowling fronts flying at low altitude. What caught my eye, at least I think it's what I saw, was that the B-25 had a nose turret similar to that which the PB4Y2 mounted. Was I seeing things?

Did A search for images from the movie, but didn't find any such pic. However, who knows what was spliced in for a 1-2 second flying shot just because it looked good. Also, not aware of any experiments with putting a turret in the nose of the Mitchell. Any chance it was such a quick bit of footage in the movie that they put in a shot of a B-24. The twin tails are similar, and most people wouldn't be quick enough to notice 4 engines versus two...I'll have to pay closer attention next viewing!

GIL :smiley16:

b25-4430823-b.jpg

Just tossing this out. I believe there was a B-25 used as camera aircraft with that type of front turret for Camera position. Is it possible the Photo bird made the Movie??

Who knows.

Cheers

Bill

Edited by wdedig