Wolfman63

1/48 Accurate Miniatures B-25B

Last night I was trying to decide the next build. With yesterday being December 7th, TCM was showing some of the old war movies. They were showing the classic “Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo”. So I decided to build the Accurate Miniatures 1/48 B-25B “Doolittle Raiders”. This should be a nice build with lots of details being added. I will be doing the “Ruptured Duck” which was the aircraft followed in the film.

The “Ruptured Duck” was the 7th aircraft to take off of the USS Hornet. It was piloted by 1st Lt. Ted Lawson. He survived the raid and wrote the book on which the movie was based on. I will be adding the Eduard photo etch detail kit which details the complete interior. Starting on the cockpit now.

You can follow this build on my blog at  https://davidsscalemodels.com/build-log/1-48-b-25b-doolittle-raider/

dscn1151.jpg

dscn1148.jpg

dscn1152.jpg

That's a great looking start! I'm not huge fan of pe, but those seats are So much better than the kit ones (which aren't bad either!)

GIL :smiley16:

Way to go, David! Nice work!

Mark

This is awesome! I'm gonna enjoy following this.

On the 1/48 Accurate Miniatures B-25B Doolittle Raider I have detailed and finished the cockpit. Started to paint and detail the bomb bay area. Waiting to assemble the bomb bay until I get to the fuselage so that everything lines up. The kit has a butt fit for the bulkheads so I want to make sure they fit correctly. On the Doolittle raiders aircraft to reduce weight the tail gun and side guns were replaced with broomsticks to reduce weight. However the upper turret still had the machine guns. I am replacing the plastic barrels with photo etch and wire and detailing the turret support.

Check out all the build photos on my blog at:  https://davidsscalemodels.com/build-log/1-48-b-25b-doolittle-raider/

DSCN1153-1.jpg

DSCN1172-1.jpg

DSCN1173-1.jpg

DSCN1179-1.jpg

DSCN1188-1.jpg

• Like 1