My method for repairing, cleaning and polishing clear parts

Wolfman63

I have added a new tip on my blog on cleaning and polishing clear parts as well as removing scuffs or unwanted seams using Meguire’s PlastX cleaner and polish. The photos are the before and after on removing scuffs from a B-17 nose and removing the seam on a modern jet canopy. I prefer doing this rather than dipping in Pledge Future. The clear parts appear clearer with a lot more shine and resist dust when sitting on a shelf for a while.

You can see a detailed step by step page on my blog at https://davidsscalemodels.com/tips-and-tricks/how-to-repair-clean-and-polish-clear-parts/

dscn11071.jpg

dscn11121.jpg

dscn1120.jpg

dscn11221.jpg

dscn1127.jpg

I concur!  Not everything is cured with a dip in Future.  Over the years, Tamiya has produced automotive models with clear body shells.  They did this by simply putting clear plastic in the molding machines.   The main problem with this is that on the opaque bodies the ejector pins are hidden from view.  On the clear bodies, they are very clearly(no pun intended, well maybe) visible through the body.  The only way to eradicate them is with sanding and polishing.  Then a coat of future to seal in the decals may be in order.