Touch N Flow

Glynyrd

Hi all,

I love this Touch n Flow glue applicator. I have one problem though, I can't seem to get it to reload after running it dry as I'm gluing the parts together. Seems it has to totally dry out before I can use it again. Has anyone else experienced it, and if so, is there a way around it?

Thanks

Glenn

Glenn, one of the problems with trying to refill the T-n-F applicator is the last little drop of glue in the tube. It will not refill if any liquid is left in the tube. Blow it out and then try to refill. Also, if you are careful, you can suck your glue up into the tube.

T-n-F also make a plastic bottle to aid in the refilling. I have had mixed results with this. Try blowing all liquid out first.

I've used the plastic bottle to fill the TnF needle...pour the Tenax in the bottle, then hold the TnF level, put the needle of the bottle in the opening, and tilt the bottle up so that the needle touches the tube...the glue will flow into the TnF. Clare is right, I've had to blow the last drop out of the TnF sometimes to get it to fill...

Thanks guys for the tips. I'll try them out next time. I got one of those bottles in a pack with a TnF and Ambroid, and never knew what it was good for. The things you learn :rolleyes:

Thanks again

Glenn

Hi all,

I love this Touch n Flow glue applicator. I have one problem though, I can't seem to get it to reload after running it dry as I'm gluing the parts together. Seems it has to totally dry out before I can use it again. Has anyone else experienced it, and if so, is there a way around it?

Thanks

Glenn

I suck glue into the applicator. Because of the danger of inhaling fumes or glue, I made a little device to help with this. It got some clear flexible tubing (fuel line), cut about a 6" length and stuck it onto a 3 or 4" length of Evergreen styrene tubing. I slip the flexible tubing over the end of the T'n'F applicator and use the Evergreen tubing as a "straw" to gently suck some glue into the applicator.

Oh, and for clearing a clogged needle, I have a length of very fine steel music wire that fits into the needle. Works great to ream out any plastic goo that gets stuck in the end.

Cheers,

Eric

Glenn

I work part time for the creator of the Touch and Flow. What the guys said abot getting the last drop out of the needle is correct. I normally just blow on the glass tube til the tube is empty.The needle does get clogged from time to time from the melted plastic.Just stick the needle in the bottle of liquid cement and it will normally melt the little clog, Sometimes you may have to give the tube a little blow. Myself I prefer the Ambroids glue over the Tenax. The Tenax runs a little to hot for my liking. Thanks for using the Touch and Flow its a great tool.

Rod

• 9 months later...
Glenn

I work part time for the creator of the Touch and Flow. What the guys said abot getting the last drop out of the needle is correct. I normally just blow on the glass tube til the tube is empty.The needle does get clogged from time to time from the melted plastic.Just stick the needle in the bottle of liquid cement and it will normally melt the little clog, Sometimes you may have to give the tube a little blow. Myself I prefer the Ambroids glue over the Tenax. The Tenax runs a little to hot for my liking. Thanks for using the Touch and Flow its a great tool.

Rod

Hi Guys about the touch n flow I have one but don't know how to fill it so I can use it

Ronald

Ronald,

Turn the Touch n Flow upside down and stick it into an open bottle of Tenax or similar solvent. When the liquid fills the open end of the tube up to the surface of the liquid, remove the TnF and point the metal tube down. The liquid will flow down to that end of the tube. Make sure that a small bubble does not remain at the tip of the metal tube. Gentle tapping of the glass tube will cause any bubble to dislodge. At that point, it is ready to use.

• 3 months later...

When I'm done using it, I lightly touch a piece of paper towel with the metal piece, this causes the glue to be wicked out by the paper towel. I then give it a couple of blows and load it up with lacquer thinner to wash out the interior. No problems using this method so far.