Tenax

GHonanie

• 1 month later...

Took a trip to Chesterfield Hobbies in Richmond, Virginia yesterday with my brother. Bought a new M3A1 (what a deal), loads of Stevens International sanding sticks (they rock) and almost two boxes of his Tenax until he was kind enough to tell me what Pyrman told you all. Very glad he was honest as I did not want to have to illegally ship it from Richmond to Puyallup through the USPS. He also carries his own brand labelled super glues. I thought that was a kool touch and bought two bottles.

Mark

Ladies and Gentlemen,

While I have not SEEN the new EPA ruling banning tenex and other liquids, I had a conversation with a person who also informed me that MEK is also banned now. MEK is the main ingredient in most liquid cements i believe (it's listed so on the bottle I just looked at). If this is the case then this may be a fundamental shift in the items we use to put together our stuff. SO this problem may be deeper than we may think. If this is the case, and I would like to see the EPA ruling to ensure we are talking with all of our facts on one sox, then we al may be looking for another type of glue to use very soon.

OK now can someone please pass me the red and white tube there??

Tracy

No problem. This is the world market place. Just buy it out of country. They're not going to open every piece of mail, UPS and Fed Ex that enters the country. I rember when the wall was up. Had friends that traded models and decals with swastickas with the Cheks through the mail. Never had a problem.

I get a kick out of some of this stuff. When I was in research I was regularly exposed unprotected to MEK, Hexane, Tri-Cloreythlene (It's great for removing paint from lead figures and it turns your hands white.) caustic soda, clorine dioxide, clorine, SO2 and a multitude of other chemicals. At 66 I'm still around and doing fine.