Hello from Louisville KY

Bradley25mm

The  Hello!. My name is Chris Bowling. I’ve been building off and on for the past 10 years or so.  My favorite subject to model is anything having to do with aviation, especially helicopters.  I have done some NASCAR models for relatives and friends.  I rarely do any armor, however it does sometimes spark my interest.  I’m pretty much old-school when it comes to paints , and finishes.  I mostly use enamel’s.  The past three years or so I’ve started playing with acrylics.  My favorite mediums to use when finishing models are artist oils thinned with mineral spirits for pin washes, in crushed pastel chaulks  to replicate lube and oil stains. I’m very excited to be a part of this group.  I look forward to seeing all the fantastic marvelous on the site. I currently belong to the Military Modelers Club of Louisville.

Welcome Chris! Sounds like you'll fit right in. I'm also pretty old school when it comes to paints at least. I currently have two helicopters under construction right now myself. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work; feel free to post pics of your models anytime.