Meng F-35A in Hypothetical dress in flight

PeteJ

Ok, I finally got some shots yesterday of the model that I liked.  First of all credit where credit is due.  The decals are from Warbird and Ed got me some of the first one out there.  That inspired me to try and get this done for Nat's which I did.  This is a unique display that I have never seen before and have wanted to try for years.  It uses a model cut in half and mounted on a mirror.  There are obviously issues with photographing such a model.  I solved those by placing it on a our patio table and using the real sky as a reflection.  I also positioned it so I could get different effects from the sun and shadow.  The last photo shows how the photo was arranged.   I really like the way the photos look. 

Check 7.jpg

Bottom.jpg

Over the top.jpg

How it was shot 2.jpg

Edited by PeteJ
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 3:28 PM, ghodges said:

Great looking model and pics! As for being hypothetical...maybe you're just ahead of the game!

GIL :smiley16:

5 hours ago, WildBill50 said:

Very Nice.

The markings fit the aircraft well.  Like Gil said, you may be ahead of the game on this.

Bill 

We can only hope!  The F-16 is getting quite long in the tooth.  The airframe has been around since 1974 and wasn't the top dog even then.  The F-15 was.  Lots of water under that bridge since then. 

3 hours ago, johneaton said:

Nice display.  But, I will bet that the new Boeing trainer will be the next T-Bird.

Possibly, but I doubt it.  Only once in the history of the Thunderbirds have they not flown "front line" Fighter aircraft.  That was the T-38 during the fuel crisis.  For the rest of their history their mission has been to demonstrate high performance aircraft and the skill to maintain and fly them.  If you are interested here is a link to their mission statement. http://afthunderbirds.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Thunderbirds-Fact-sheet-2013.pdf  Even though it dosen't specifically talk about fighters, there is a huge amount of of implicaiton there.