JoeRivers

My name is Joe Rivers, married, have 5 kids, and I live in Ypsilanti Michigan. I am a Stationary Steam Operating Engineer with Ford Motor Company and I have 43 years in my Trade as of 2018. My father was in the US Air Force for 30 years. He started as an Air Corp Cadet in WW2, became a navigator on B-29s and retires as a Colonel from SAC. He built models all his life and I followed in his footsteps. When he passed away in 2010, we were still calling each other up every week to talk models, and what we were building.

My model building covers a large area of interests, but they go in cycles thru the year (As a side note, I also have a large HO train layout and I do not even count that into my model building. Railroading is a life of its own.) I tend to build aircraft and armor (WW2) of all major powers (except Russian – I have however built the Roden An 12 Cub – that was a challenge!) in 1/48, 1/35 and 1/32 from 1940 up thru about 1988. I enjoy the color and painting and airbrushing aspect of building.

I was and IPMS member many years ago and I have more time now to start becoming involved again in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti/Detroit area of Michigan.

If anyone is interested in contacting me or seeing some pictures of my work, please send me a note and say “HI”.

Joe Rivers

Welcome Joe to the Forums! It sounds like you've got a great handle on your hobby, and I'm thrilled to hear you shared it with your father. My father is also an Air Force veteran, serving in the 'Nam conflict as a navigator n AC-130 gunships. He didn't build, but he does admire and respect my hobby.

I for one would love to see your work. I encourage you to show your finished models,ma swell as in-progress shots of models you are working on. Seeing build threads that are always updated helps me learn from other excellent modelers how to improve my own work.

Welcome once again and we'll see you around the Forums.

Thank you for the welcoming notes from everyone. Please hit this LINK to go to my Google pix gallery for pastures of some of my completed work and the current 1/24 scale Mosquito project I’m working on.

Thank you again,

Joe Rivers

I have cleaned up my picture galler and put it on Flickr. Please click here to go to "Joe Rivers Build Gallery" . My collection of models built over the years. Single engine aircraft are 1/32 and 1/48 scale. Multi engine are mostly 1/48 and 1/72 with a couple of 1/32 scale thrown in. Military vehicles are mostly 1/35 but there are a couple of 1/48 Japanese in there also. The 1/24th Mosquito Project will be a Canadian Fighter Bomber.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Joe Rivers

Very nice display of aircraft models Joe! Welcome!

Mark