ipmsusa2

In order to find the best direction for my Modelbuilding Guide E-book series, I need some input.  Specifically, what would y'all like to see in the way of step-by-step single subject e-books along the lines of my recent Williams Bros C-46 and upcoming Kinetic E-2C 2000.

Primary interest:

Preferred scale:

Classic kits with aftermarket upgrades:

Latest & Greatest

Specific kit of interest:

Other comments:

To see what I've already covered, please see scalepublications.freeyellow.com

If I might suggest.....

Instead of just "one" subject, how about a how-to on several closely related subjects: "Building the Monogram 1/48 Bombers".

This would allow you to tackle a wider variety of subjects (B-17, B-24, B-25, A-26, B-26) while covering techniques such as: scribing lines, enhancing and replacing raised lines without rescribing, painting and highlighting molded in detailing,  whether or not to replace interior parts, a listing of the available aftermarket sets for those kits,  metallic finishes, typical bomber weathering (per type/per theater), how to enhance/improve kit glass parts, best places to cram weights (and how much is needed per type); etc., etc..

Most everyone has and still builds these kits, even though there's a later issue B-25 and another B-26 out there. There may or may not ever be "new" B-17s and B-24s issued, but even if they do they'll be so expensive many will build the older Monogram kits, but will want to know how to get the most from them.

GIL :smiley16:

Gil,

You raise an interesting point.  I'd have to limit a single ebook to three or maybe four subjects or the ebook would take forever to finish.  For example, Building the Monogram 1/48th Medium Bombers.  That would be the B-25, B-26 and A-26.  It's an interesting idea and something I'll strongly consider.  Of course there would still be single subject ebooks, so I'd appreciate your ideas there as well.

Gil,

Another possibility would be the different variants of a single type, though that could get out of hand with the F4 Phantom or F-111.  One I'm currently planning takes three Monogram kits of a single type and building three variants.  One more or less out of the box and the other two with most or all of the aftermarket bells and whistles.

• Like 1