M-47 Patton empty engine compartment

JeffLeiby

I am looking for photos or drawings of the empty engine compartment for the M-47 Patton. I am building a model of an abandoned and stripped Somalia M-47. I have the technical manual for the vehicle which provided photos of the engine mounting pads in bottom of the hull and mounting points at the rear for the transmission. The manual also has excellent drawings of the transmission/engine control linkages, drain valves and firewall/bulkhead junction box. It does not provide clear pictures or drawings of the fuel tank mounting points or the oil cooler mounts. I am requesting assistance in locating photos or drawings of the empty hull aft of the firewall. Thanks.

Do you know if the Hobby Boss M26 series tanks would help you get something similar inside? Their kit has an engine compartment and while it won't be accurate for an M47, it would be a good place to start for the firewall, fuel cells, etc.

Rob, Thanks for your response. A gentlemen on Armorama sent me a link to an M47 hulk that is for sale. It included excellent photos with exactly what I need. Now I have to tear out the bulkhead/firewall I had installed and start over.  Jeff

Here are some of the pictures I received from 'Pongo-Arm' and 'Frenchy" over on Armorama in answer to my request for photos of empty M47 hull. I appreciate their assistance.

Slide4 (800x600).jpg

Slide3 (800x600).jpg

Slide2 (800x468).jpg

Slide1 (800x600).jpg