wdedig

Final VMF-211 Aircraft..1/48 F4U-1D

This aircraft was flown by Marines in Ground support for Army in 1945 in Philippines.

This is the 1/48th Tamiya kit Gil mentions in his build below. Great Kit and a nice relief for some well engineered model.fm71ln0.jpg

Some basic stuff, Testors Spray Gloss Blue(Decanted),Mr Hobby Semi-Gloss (Decanted), Eduard Seatbelts, filled step in starboard dropped Flap.

ohEIzog.jpg

Only color was Green in a couple of places. Uschi fine line used for Antennas

lYoK14F.jpg

Thanks for Looking 

Comments Welcome

Cheers

Bill

Edited by wdedig

I usually don't post comments but I love Corsairs and yours is a nice, clean representation. I always like that overall dark sea blue with the contrasting white and blue modex. I have six Tamiya Corsair kits, probably give them to my son because I will be dead before I ever start one of my 300 kits! So many kits, so little time. Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Thank You Randall

I suggest taking one of those Corsair kits and spend a few days..This is a fall together kit and you will enjoy the build.

Cheers

Bill

Absolutely gorgeous! Seeing yours makes me wish I hadn't folded the wings on mine. That's going to garner a lot of well deserved compliments everywhere you take it. Congrats!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil

Amazing the difference in looks,folded VS  straight. I believe weathering requires artistic talents I am challenged to obtain. I envy your skill in this area.Reason I tend to build clean.

cheers

Bill

I think it's a magnificent model Bill. Brilliant execution and sensational finish. This is well worth looking at.

Randall, I agree with Gil; pull one out and have at it!

Thanks Mark

Very kind of You

Cheers

Bill

Very nice Corsair! Keep up the good work!

Mark

Great finish on the bird.

All around beautifully done.

Bill

Thanks for the positive feedback All

Bill

I love that there are still modelers unafraid or unashamed to build clean. For a long time, my build skills only allowed the clean look.  But even now I still intentionally do it.  I likely will never get completely away from the style. Great looking Corsair!  I have one about half done that needs some attention. It too will be nearly factory new in appearance. 

Rick L. 

Thanks Sir

appreciate the positive comments

Regards

Bill