Final VMF-211 Aircraft..1/48 F4U-1D

wdedig

This aircraft was flown by Marines in Ground support for Army in 1945 in Philippines.

This is the 1/48th Tamiya kit Gil mentions in his build below. Great Kit and a nice relief for some well engineered model.fm71ln0.jpg

Some basic stuff, Testors Spray Gloss Blue(Decanted),Mr Hobby Semi-Gloss (Decanted), Eduard Seatbelts, filled step in starboard dropped Flap.

ohEIzog.jpg

Only color was Green in a couple of places. Uschi fine line used for Antennas

lYoK14F.jpg

Thanks for Looking 

Comments Welcome

Cheers

Bill

Edited by wdedig

I usually don't post comments but I love Corsairs and yours is a nice, clean representation. I always like that overall dark sea blue with the contrasting white and blue modex. I have six Tamiya Corsair kits, probably give them to my son because I will be dead before I ever start one of my 300 kits! So many kits, so little time. Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Thank You Randall

I suggest taking one of those Corsair kits and spend a few days..This is a fall together kit and you will enjoy the build.

Cheers

Bill

Thanks Gil

Amazing the difference in looks,folded VS  straight. I believe weathering requires artistic talents I am challenged to obtain. I envy your skill in this area.Reason I tend to build clean.

cheers

Bill

Very nice Corsair! Keep up the good work!

Mark

I love that there are still modelers unafraid or unashamed to build clean. For a long time, my build skills only allowed the clean look.  But even now I still intentionally do it.  I likely will never get completely away from the style. Great looking Corsair!  I have one about half done that needs some attention. It too will be nearly factory new in appearance. 

Rick L. 

• 1 month later...